How Do You Contribute To The World's Fair/International Games?

civfanaticfandu

Chieftain
Is there a way to contribute resources to the games without having to use an entire cities production towards it?

Moderator Action: Moved to BNW.

To contribute to the World's Fair/International Games (provided that you have activated it, you have to change a city's production to "World's Fair/International Games" on the bottom of the production queue.

There is no way to split a city's production between Worlds Fair (or any other project) and a building or unit.

Is there any sense in still contributing to the game if they are already finished, but when it's still 13 turns till the next world congress?

When they finished, they're finished.

Is the progress towards completion visible anywhere? I've actually overshot a couple of these bly, like, an order of magnitude. It would at least be helpful to know how much I've currently contributed.

By the way, I really love this featuer, and hope it's utilized further in any possible expansion. I suggested a similar system for international crises (terrorism, epidemics, global warming, barbarian warlords, etc).

When they finished, they're finished.

Is the progress towards completion visible anywhere? I've actually overshot a couple of these bly, like, an order of magnitude. It would at least be helpful to know how much I've currently contributed.

By the way, I really love this featuer, and hope it's utilized further in any possible expansion. I suggested a similar system for international crises (terrorism, epidemics, global warming, barbarian warlords, etc).

Hover any city that is working on fair. The little World icon, it shows exactly what you have done.

Yes and no. You can see the raw hammer amount (mouse over the World Project icon in the city's status bar), the total completion percent and the various price levels. You aren't supposed to know, I think, the total percentage you completed, but it's easy to compute using the silver prize's cost as a base and multiplying it by the amount of civilizations. That's your total cost.

Hover over the project in the city banner and it will give you plenty of information (well, it's a big tooltip), there is, if i recall correctly, a green indicator that it is X% completed.

I am playing my second game of BNW. World's Fair is enacted, but it does not show up in the city production list. Is there some building(s) and/or tech(s) that I have have to build?

I proposed the World's Fair as my first proposal last night (easily passed obviously) because I wanted to see what it was like. When enacted, I put the production of my 4 cities into it (about 80 bpt total) and it only took 6-7 turns to complete the fair and to win 2nd place.

Oh wow. That seems totally fair to OCC players!

Achievable. Rank 2/3 only require you to hit hammer tresholds, so multiple players can win them. Rank 2 is a fairly good rank to shoot for when playing tall as you get the Rank 3 bonus as well.

Now, if you want to OCC and still want to win at everything including the building of international projects, that's not what this game is about. Or play on Chieftain. ;)

There is no way to split a city's production between Worlds Fair (or any other project) and a building or unit.

There is actually. Assign a city to produce a shared project until you have contributed the number of hammers for the prize you want, then set the city to produce something else. Let someone else produce the hammers to actually complete it.

I overshot the AI in the early renaissance by well over 1000 playing Venice. I wasn't occ, but I might as well as been.

Granted Venice had triple the production of the second best capital.

Top Bottom