Features I wish made it into BNW:

Teleon22

Chieftain
Diplomatic Features:
- Permanent Alliances: Conditional - Civilizations must have chosen same Ideology.
- An ability to trade land (“tiles”) between rival or allied players bordering your cities. IE. I really want that extra Iron resource just over the border, but I would prefer not to have to sack the entire city to get it. Would you trade my tile or _____ for that land on our boarder?
- An ability to request allied city states to attack other players/city states without having to Declare war yourself.
- An ability to request AI players to stop trading with other players or city states.
- An ability to request City States not to trade with other players.

Tile Improvements/Great People:
- Canal tile improvements between bodies of water. (Expensive upkeep) Note, this feature is even more attractive with the new water cargo trade units.
- Provincial walls that reduce the movement speed of enemy units moving through them. I’ve always wanted this feature in a Civilization Game. I got the idea from Caesar II.
- Allow Great Generals to be able to build military bases that can station aircraft, ICBMS etc. after the advent of Flight.
- Allow Great Engineers to build a great rail bridge or great road bridge over a single water tile separating two land masses. (high upkeep cost) Again a feature that might be awesome with the new land trade units)
- Allow Great Scientists to upgrade all adjacent military units to the next researched tier free of cost.

Trade Units:
- Trade units do not upgrade appearances as you enter new eras. I feel this was just lazy on the development teams’ end. Please just fix this ASAP!

Stacking limits should be relaxed, it's getting ridiculous in some situations. For example, a friendly CS wants a road but I can't build it because they want to keep those stupid pikemen in the way. Nor are they building it themselves, which would be even better.

I wish Great Work trading was done in the diplomacy screen, with them being a commodity like any other.

That's about all. I wouldn't care about much of the stuff you suggested, and trade unit appearance changes is already in (caravans become lorries in the industrial era).

... and trade unit appearance changes is already in (caravans become lorries in the industrial era).

Really? My game must be bugged because they do not change appearance for me. I've play four games all the way through. :cry:

Now that we have tourism theming bonuses I wish there were resource theming bonuses. Like if you collected dyes, cotton, furs and silk (by tiles or trade) you would get an in-game achievement like "Fashion Capitol of the World" which buffed culture or tourism slightly. Other themed resources could be gold, silver, copper; salt, sugar, spices; porcelain, ivory, marble; maybe wine and truffles.

This would make resource trading more strategic. As of now all luxury resources are treated as pretty much equal, discounting We Love the King bonuses.

Also a Dock would be nice. Maybe it could be a Great Admiral ability. Converts a coastal water tile into a dock. If connected by a road in city limits, it creates a water spawn point that cargo ships could use. Should be like 5 or 6 :c5gold: for maintenance or something though.

Nudge: For the 1-unit-per-tile traffic jams, a "please move next turn" feature for friendly C-S or civs could help. You'd need to be careful not to let it be exploitable - the AI can and should disregard it for appropriate tactical reasons.

Mark your map: I'd like a way to see where my unit was trying to go before it's movement was blocked. Many times I've ordered a scout or architect to go to some distant spot, only to have them stop and stare at me dumbly from the middle of the ocean. How am I supposed to know which spot this one particular architect was moving to?

Smart next-unit choice: I've asked for this before. When I give orders to a unit - say a pikeman involved in a city siege - the game should pick the next unit focus based on camera location. For instance, it should give focus next to one of the other three melees standing right next to that pikeman, instead of to a worker half-way across the world.

Two cities connected by the same river should have a city connection w/o the need for roads or harbor.

Really? My game must be bugged because they do not change appearance for me. I've play four games all the way through. :cry:

Mine too. I still have camels and carracks in 1950.

Now that you mentioned it I noticed I still have the old-fashioned cargo ships in industrial era too. I did have the lorries and freight ships in an earlier game though.

Corporations

InfoAddict should absolutely be in. I don't understand why they don't essentially port the mod into the standard game.

Hahahaha, I hadn't even noticed that when I took that SS!! I terrified all of them into choosing Order :D

Top Bottom