Civ4 music in the youtubes?

rkade8583

Realism Invictus Player
So since Civ4 uses such awesome music and it's MP3 to boot, I've been using it in my Sims 4 videos because there is no such thing as music in that game. My last two videos (see my sig) have been getting claims by some guy named "rumblefish" so I can't monetize them now.

What do I do when I want to do a Civ4 game on the youtubes? Do I have to mute the music if I want to make money? I love Civ4's classical music! Anyone have any ideas?

Most of the music in Civ4 is free of copyright, since it's old classical music (composer has been dead >70 years). The specific recordings used in the game might still be under copyright protection, but there are a ton of older recordings of the same pieces that are totally free to use for whatever you want. Don't remember exactly now how long recordings are protected by copyright laws, but anything recorded in the first half of the 20th century should be okay.

Unfortunately youtube are total tits with stuff like this. Maybe writing something in the video info about the music being free of copyright will help. But after a claim has been posted, I suppose you need to deal with the muppets in youtube/google first.

"Do no evil" Oh, how we laughed...

Sorry for the double post.

http://webscripts.softpedia.com/blo...irst-gamers-in-less-than-6-hours-490223.shtml

I guess it's only news if it's someone sympathetic instead of unbelievably angry...

That sounds like YouTube allright. Make sure the suits get their unfair share, and screw everybody else.

I've seen people who make wholly creative content simply give up because the process is utterly stacked against them. Spends weeks talking and writing to undo the false positives, and shortly after there is another that takes down their videos. Just hopeless.

These weren't game related either, so no background music or the like. 100% creative and their own content, but still got taken down.

It's what people should expect froom Google though. I keep saying people should use other search engines, that respects their privacy, but am sadly speaking to deaf ears :(

It's what people should expect from Google though. I keep saying people should use other search engines, that respects their privacy, but am sadly speaking to deaf ears :(

Which engines do you suggest Pangaea I don't like Google anymore as the first 5 listings always seem to be their monetized partners but I don't have any good alternative.

I use DuckDuckGo and am quite satisfied with it. It was created in response to the stuff that Google, etc. do and does not invade privacy.

Which engines do you suggest Pangaea I don't like Google anymore as the first 5 listings always seem to be their monetized partners but I don't have any good alternative.

Mostly I use Startpage. Duckduck Go is a good alternative too.

I also use an addon called NoScript, and have blacklisted all Google related sites (except Youtube, I kind of need those videos).

I usually search for very specific things so not sure if Startpage has the problem you mention, considering they're sort of a private version of the google search.

Mostly I use "https://startpage.com/".
That's funny, www.ixquick.com is exactly the same site (also in Dutch), only the name is different.
Btw, I did a quick test and the search results aren't the same.
Even duckduckgo don't generate enough relevant results compared to bing.

Top Bottom