Civilization IV: Colonization Info Center Created

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Even though the release of Colonization is still months away, sometime in fall 2008, we now have a Colonization information center! This article contains information from and links to all recent previews, all available screenshots, and other knowledge, all compiled into one place. Hopefully this makes it easier for newcomers and experienced players to read up on this latest Civ4 game.

In the coming weeks, we hope to enhance the interface a bit more and add more info as it becomes available. As always, feel free to submit any news or details so that we can keep it up-to-date. :goodjob:

>> Visit the Colonization Info Center

So much info and the game isnt out yet.

Firaxis you tease. :crazyeye:

Flaw in the infocentre or flaw in the game?

Peter Stuyvesant and Adriaen van der Donck are Dutch
Samuel de Champlain and Louis de Buade de Frontenac are French

Flaw in the infocentre or flaw in the game?

Peter Stuyvesant and Adriaen van der Donck are Dutch
Samuel de Champlain and Louis de Buade de Frontenac are French

Thank you. I have fixed that.

Btw, I think:
"The natives can even upgrade your units to types that cannot be recruited from the New World, like master sugar farmer, making relations with the natives more important"

should be changed to:
"The natives can even upgrade your units to types that cannot be recruited from the Old World, like master sugar farmer, making relations with the natives more important"

Btw, I think:
"The natives can even upgrade your units to types that cannot be recruited from the New World, like master sugar farmer, making relations with the natives more important"

should be changed to:
"The natives can even upgrade your units to types that cannot be recruited from the Old World, like master sugar farmer, making relations with the natives more important"

What are you talking about? :mischief:

For other mistakes, please use this thread.

Thanks for so much info!!!:)

Btw, I think:

should be changed to:

No I think there is no errors. These units cannot be recruited from new world but player can buy (for example) master sugar farmer from old world with higher prices.

But after working on sugar long time your villagers can be upgraded to master sugar planter in your cities spontaneously. It was like that in older Colonization.

But easiest way of upgrading your villagers was sending your villagers to friendly tribes and letting them to live with them for two-three turns. Then they were being master sugar/tobacco/fur planter or farmers at there.

@ozangumus:

Sorry mate but you are wrong about the original! You could _not_ recruit master sugar planters, master tobacco planters and master cotton planters in the "Old world" (i.e. Europe). This makes sense as well as for instance tobacco is a plant native to the americas.

This game looks awesome, but I don't know if anyone else is a bit dissapointed about the absence of Portugal. Either way, can't wait to get my hands on the game

I've played the first one in 1994/1995. It was a great game... I hope this one will be also a great game.
As brooken Hawk asked: can it be modded (like BtS or Warlords) ?

This game looks awesome, but I don't know if anyone else is a bit dissapointed about the absence of Portugal. Either way, can't wait to get my hands on the game

I belive the absense of Portugal is because they are sticking with the original civs for colonization to make the game feel fimiliar to vets, though you'd think they would add in Portugal, and even Russia(colonized in alaska and western US area like California)

Hmmmm, did not know those were the four civs in the original game. Oh, and Jonathan the Dutch held places such as modern day New York as well as some isles in the Caribbean and a little bit of land in south America

Top Bottom