How did the AI get woodsman without drill III?

A bunch of Brazil's melee units have woodsman, despite only having drill I. I don't have any mods that would cause this, so what's going on here?
Spoiler :

maybe they got a Jaguar from a military city state and upgraded him. ..

The only way this is possible is if they were upgraded from a CS gifted unit that has that promotion - don't Mohawk Warriors have the Woodsman promotion?

No, Mohawk Warriors have a combat bonus in forests, not the double movement Woodsman promotion.

My guesses would be

- upgraded Jaguar

- mod that distributes the Woodsman promotion (I know my Iroquois Reloaded mod does this)

- AI cheating

Mohawk warriors have the Combat Bonus in Forest/Jungle (33) promotion.

OP says he doesn't have any mods that would cause it, but that doesn't mean no mods are being used. What mods are in use? Perhaps some wonder has been modified (e.g., Alhambra modded to give both Drill I and Woodsman)?

Mods are YNAEMP v 23, Randomize city names, quick turns, extended eras, ocean double move, faster aircraft animations, Unlimited Barbarian XP, R.E.D, City Limits, and Events and Decisions.

EDIT: Figured it out, Brazil's second Unique decision gives all melee units woodsman.

What is a Unique Decision? Is that something in the Events and Decisions mod?

Yep. In Events and Decisions, there's some decisions that can be enacted by every civ, and some that are unique to certain ones. Brazil has one they can enact that gives them woodsman on all their melee.

Top Bottom