Deity Venice game, built 13 wonders. How?

InDubioProReo

Warlord
I recently finished a game with Venice on Deity, and won it through a Cultural victory. (I think it was around turn 315, damn GMs take time to travel) I was astonished at how many wonders I was able to get on Deity, it was pretty much the wet dream of every player who wants to win a cultural victory with Venice. I also picked Divine Inspiration as one of my follower beliefs and at the end of the game I had +80 fpt. :d

I was on a continents map with Babylon and Mongolia with me. Mongolia ate Babylon for breakfast after a while, but strangely did not declare war on me the whole game. He was more busy devouring all the CS the whole game.

Rome was on another continent with France, Polynesia, Attila and Bismarck. He pretty much devoured them all but Attila at the end of the game.

When the game ended I had 878 tourism (without World Religion and International games bonus btw). I went for full Exploration and I excavated like 10 hidden antiquity sites.

As for wonders I've built,

- The Great Lighthouse
- Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
- Colossus
- Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Eiffel Tower
- Uffizi
- Sydney Opera House
- Statue of Liberty
- The Broadway
- The Louvre
- Sistine Chapel
- Porcelain Tower
- Cristo Redentor

How was this even possible? I know that Venice gets strong starts due to its limitations, and a strong capital is very important for a CV, but still, what was AI doing? How did they let me?

Was this a fluke or this many wonders is possible on Deity with a strong capital?

No Hubble? I like Hubble even for CV, because it gets you to Internet.

- The Great Lighthouse
- Colossus
- Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Eiffel Tower
- Uffizi
- Sydney Opera House
- Statue of Liberty
- The Broadway
- The Louvre
- Sistine Chapel
- Porcelain Tower
- Cristo Redentor

Only you and probably Polynesia starts on the coast so the Great Lighthouse and the Colossus are early wonders you can get if Polynesia tech something different or are occupied building settlers (like he use to).

MOH is very situational based as well. If the other civs dont have stone and marble around there capital they might focus on another project first.

Then there are a lot of wonders you need the right SP to be able to build (or ideology).

Sounds like a fun game btw. Some of my favorite wonders :)

I recently finished a game with Venice on Deity, and won it through a Cultural victory. (I think it was around turn 315, damn GMs take time to travel) I was astonished at how many wonders I was able to get on Deity, it was pretty much the wet dream of every player who wants to win a cultural victory with Venice. I also picked Divine Inspiration as one of my follower beliefs and at the end of the game I had +80 fpt. :d

I was on a continents map with Babylon and Mongolia with me. Mongolia ate Babylon for breakfast after a while, but strangely did not declare war on me the whole game. He was more busy devouring all the CS the whole game.

Rome was on another continent with France, Polynesia, Attila and Bismarck. He pretty much devoured them all but Attila at the end of the game.

When the game ended I had 878 tourism (without World Religion and International games bonus btw). I went for full Exploration and I excavated like 10 hidden antiquity sites.

As for wonders I've built,

- The Great Lighthouse
- Colossus
- Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Eiffel Tower
- Uffizi
- Sydney Opera House
- Statue of Liberty
- The Broadway
- The Louvre
- Sistine Chapel
- Porcelain Tower
- Cristo Redentor

How was this even possible? I know that Venice gets strong starts due to its limitations, and a strong capital is very important for a CV, but still, what was AI doing? How did they let me?

Was this a fluke or this many wonders is possible on Deity with a strong capital?

A human playing Venice is able to build more world wonders than playing any other civ (OCC excluded) since you can't build settlers. (Settlers take a lot of hammers for that time in the game, and also halt growth while doing so. They are an investment that will pay for themselves many times over, but early on they leave little time for wonders.)

Looking on the list of AIs that were in the game, you also rolled a much lower average AI wonder flavor than normal. If you played a different game with AI Egypt instead of AI Mongolia, the AIs would have built more wonders.

On the list, except on water based maps (Large Islands, Archipelago, etc.) Great Lighthouse is easy to get.
The next two are also on the section that's normally easy to get as well.
The AI also usually wants to build The Globe before Leaning Tower even though the human would always pick Leaning Tower (and in many cases the human would use the GE for The Globe, but based on the list it looks like you used it for Sistine)

Uffizini requires a policy that not all the AIs go after so there is less competition for that. (Several other of your wonders were in this category)
The rest of your world wonders are so late that you can take a science lead before then.

Must have been a good game, then.

Top Bottom