You have discovered a new tech.... aww @#$%!

I also get a little torqued when I get a tech from a Ruins that I was already researching, but I get more torqued when the Ruins show me Barbarian camps or "reveal" parts of the map I've already explored. :mad:

You know, I realised, why are we moaning about? Sure, it seems bad that you only had 2 TURNS before you researched Mining yourself, but now, you are now ahead in technology by 2 turns. Same with Tech stealing.

Heh, you still lost 25+ turns of research (I play marathon) that you could have saved, if it had been any other tech. But I gained +2! Yay-diddly-daddy-o, yee-ha. It still sucks.
As for waiting a couple turns until Mining had finished, yeah, that works great, long as there aren't any other civ's boys wandering through. Just as likely to lose it, that way. Still say the game should just check what you're currently researching, and pick something else. Endofrant.

The worst is espionage when you only have one tech available to steal and its the tech you are about to finish.....what a waste.

Getting something earlier, even if just a few turns earlier, is always a good thing. It may not be optimal, but it is helpful. Never look the gift of Horseback Riding in the mouth.

Getting something earlier, even if just a few turns earlier, is always a good thing. It may not be optimal, but it is helpful. Never look the gift of Horseback Riding in the mouth.

Maybe, but I bet you still think "aw crud" when that happens to you, anyway.

Maybe, but I bet you still think "aw crud" when that happens to you, anyway.

"Aw crud" would be putting it mildly (Luckily my wife and daughter are in bed when I play). But, eventually I just curse my bad luck and accept the circumstances for what they are.

Don't tell anyone, but in the past I've been known to reload [gasp!] the last autosave so I could pop the Goody Hut . . . er, Ancient Ruin . . . after I finished discovering that tech I was 1 turn away from.

I agree the its dissapointing to get a free tech that you are about to get anyway. But you are discovering ruins that contain a free tech. Whatever is there is there. If mining is there, it's going to stay as mining. It would make no sense for ruins that have been laying around for thousands of years to magically and suddenly change from mining to potery just because you almost have mining. You get what you get. Sometimes you get very lucky, sometimes you only get a little bit lucky. But either way, it will help you.

I get iritatd when playing as the Maya and get Archery for free. Sure it saves me a few turns but I get nothing out of it as I never build the TOA as it doesn't suit my buildorder verywell

Well, at least you got out of the way a tech that was blocking access to the rest of the tech tree. It's even more irritating to have to spend 6-8 turns researching it just to unblock the tree.

Top Bottom