AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

45°38'N-13°47'E;13572922 said:
Uh, I didn't know CA was resource free. Looks a bit strange to me too, but if Vokarya thinks it's OK, it's OK to me too.

Camel Archer's default bonuses over the Knight that it replaces were always no resource requirement and a 15% withdrawal chance, with the minor cost of requiring Archery tech when Knight does not (but given that Knights are Medieval Era and Archery is Ancient, that's not much of a cost). Somewhere along the line, AND added a free Desert Combat I promotion and a -1 Strength/+1 Speed adjustment. Desert Combat I is a strong but limited promotion (double move in Desert and +50% defense in Desert, and this does apply to Camel Archer) and I think the strength penalty/speed bonus cancel out, especially without Blitz. Overall, I'd say the combination is pretty strong but not overwhelming. The window for building Camel Archers is also pretty narrow, but I did widen it a bit by allowing CAs to upgrade to Lancers so CAs don't disappear off the build list until Flintlock.

Is there any kind of limit for UUs? If it is unique why wouldn't it be limited to quantity and location and civ specific?

It is civ-specific, but you can't limit a UU unless the base unit is also limited. The quantity allowed of a given unit is set by the UnitClass, not the Unit, and UU's belong to the same class as the unit they replace. Unique Unit can be a bit misleading, but it really means "unique to a particular civilization". A unit that's limited in quantity at any point is a National Unit, and a unit that can only be built a certain number of times per game is a World Unit. We don't have any World Units at the moment, and a few National Units (15, not counting the various Executives). I don't see a real need to put a limit on UU's, as they generally show up for a certain period of time and then expire, but sometimes giving you a benefit in terms of keeping their free promotions when upgraded.

Is it just me or the latest revision is missing a lot of text entries? :confused:

Edit: it looks like content of some entire file has been mistakenly deleted in rev 847 (Translation), for example MISC.XML

Hello. I'm not sure what to write here (because it may be not a bug - it may be I'm stupid) ...
Build 2.2 (843). I do not converge bonuses military production. My paradigm:
- Monarchy
- Nationalism
- Technocracy
- Free Market
- Voluntary Army (-15%)
- Free Church
- Private
- Intervetionalizm
My bonus buildings (in the "control" the city):
- Center recruits (+25%)
- Hellenic Gymnasia (+ 10%)
- Heroic Epic (+ 100%)
And when I want to build a military unit, when you hover over the "production (hammer)," I write "Military bonus 95%." Why? There must be 100 + 25 + 10-15 = 120 (%). What could be wrong?
I beg your pardon bad English.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13575987 said:
Edit: it looks like content of some entire file has been mistakenly deleted in rev 847 (Translation), for example MISC.XML

Hmm sorry i've rushed out the update :( I'll check it out ASAP.

:(Yes do that and please also checkout why the installer overwrites bts/mods folder instead of just adding the AND folder.:(:mad::sad:

Pffiou. I have the feeling that i have introduced more bugs than i've fixed.

99 little bugs in the code,
99 little bugs.
You take one down,
Patch it around,
117 little bugs in the code...

@45: Unfortunately, i don't have time to fix it today. Could you revert the text xml changes ? I've found that exotic language made the parser to delete values :S I'll try to fix that tomorrow.

@45: Unfortunately, i don't have time to fix it today. Could you revert the text xml changes ? I've found that exotic language made the parser to delete values :S I'll try to fix that tomorrow.
I'll see what I can do :)

Done, it should be ok now. :) I haven't reverted, I've just corrected one broken file MISC.XML, and I've updated a couple of italian entries.

@45, what about the installer ? it overwrites the BTS/Mods folder.

Sorry oldnoob, i'll check that tonight. I need to test it out on a virtual machine as it work on the default location on my machine.

@45, what about the installer ? it overwrites the BTS/Mods folder.
Oldnoob, that's dbkblk's work, I have no knowledge about the installer thing. He'll fix, he just need some time. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13577144 said:
Done, it should be ok now. :) I haven't reverted, I've just corrected one broken file MISC.XML, and I've updated a couple of italian entries.
Thank you ! Are you sure no other entries were removed ?

Encountered that event where a Civilization was "destroyed" but they're not removed from the game. Save attached this time (On the turn I took their last city)

The "American civilization has been destroyed!" message popped up, but I'm still at war with Washington, who has three military units parked on a Fixed Borders claimed tile nearby.

Top Bottom