News *might be* on the way - Follow-up Fall Patch coming soon (definitely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squeezing water from a rock is kinda fun, but is it likely that "there maybe possibly kinda could be something" means anything other than "I don't know but it's my job to keep people interested anyway!"?

Indeed. Personally I quite enjoyed this post, from the same thread:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?180581-whois-2Kdrcane&p=2514341#post2514341

I wouldn't be surprised to see new DLC in the run-up to Christmas, nevertheless. I just don't think we've been given much (i.e. anything) to go on there. Though at least it is encouraging that there might be a hotfix for the Fall Patch soon.

Oh, certainly. I think (?) they made money on previous DLC, and apart from that Wonders of the World DLC, I think they've all been pretty well received. The "no-DLC-ever" faction doesn't really have a leg to stand on anymore, and quite a few people enjoy new civs. I, personally, would LOVE to have them add the Zulu.

[...]
An Alien Invasion dlc?
[...]
XCOM as playable civ dlc?

Since 2K owns the IP, I'd say this might not be unlikely. At least it would be an utter waste of money not to try something like that.

Preemptively: I don't know anything, pure guessing from my side.
And...:

Squeezing water from a rock is kinda fun, but is it likely that "there maybe possibly kinda could be something" means anything other than "I don't know but it's my job to keep people interested anyway!"?

...I absolutely agree with this.

I guess I don't understand why people who never want anyone to declare war on them ever don't just boot up the game with no opponents or something.

I dont understand how you jumped to that conclusion from " I pray that they fix the "must kill, pillage and destroy at all costs" aspect of the post fall patch AI."

Oh, certainly. I think (?) they made money on previous DLC, and apart from that Wonders of the World DLC, I think they've all been pretty well received. The "no-DLC-ever" faction doesn't really have a leg to stand on anymore, and quite a few people enjoy new civs. I, personally, would LOVE to have them add the Zulu.

I hope when I have 16,000 posts I still believe in civ. :lol: Camikaze dude that is a lot of posts.

You think that's a lot, look at The_J
I know I feel like a noob when I look at all those posts. Do you know one time I got in trouble for mentioning posts. I may get in trouble this time. :lol: I hope not though.

Anyone still having major issues with the patch? I have been lucky no issues, no crashes. Fast turn times. I am impressed.

perhaps ill get a fix to the constent problem of the game being unable to keep 2 files in the verify game cache tap. a boy can dream atleast.

Peng Qi : Some people play civ games for something more than a war game. Some of us want to create a civilization from scratch, interacting with other civs, creating meaningful alliances, trade and occasionally going to war with others.... not constant warfare with the rest as minor aspects in between the nuclear missiles. If I wanted to play a war game, I'd be playing games like Starcraft, Warcraft, Command and Conquer or Warhammer, not a civilization title.

I dont understand how you jumped to that conclusion from " I pray that they fix the "must kill, pillage and destroy at all costs" aspect of the post fall patch AI."
Because war is about killing, pillaging, and destroying? So I assumed they didn't like war. That or they don't like good AI. It's one of those two things.
Peng Qi : Some people play civ games for something more than a war game. Some of us want to create a civilization from scratch, interacting with other civs, creating meaningful alliances, trade and occasionally going to war with others.... not constant warfare with the rest as minor aspects in between the nuclear missiles. If I wanted to play a war game, I'd be playing games like Starcraft, Warcraft, Command and Conquer or Warhammer, not a civilization title.
I mean, that would be a wonderful fantasy game, but real life is not and has never been an idyllic place where superpowers coexist peacefully over long periods of time. Human history has been one long war interspersed with moments of peace, not vice versa.

I hvaen't seen a civ game where you could not do that, including post-patch (as evident in my games on immortal). But I would still argue strongly that the heart of Civ5 is a wargame (given the hex-based payout, 1upt and many wargaming rules). That doesn't mean you must always be engaged in war but you must always prepare for it and be ready to take advantage of situations. While one can choose to turtle, I very much want Firaxis not to spend any time catering to the SimCity crowd but significantly improve the AI: making them better and smarter at winning (beating you) and to move/engage units better on land and seas for the next version. They have a great foundation (finally) to make that happen, if they ignore those that are calling to turn this into a city-building game.

Thats not true i've gone whole games with no war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom