Problems with a Mod

Adamal

Chieftain
I wrote a simple mod that adds a new civilization. I was able to load the mod and play the game. The problem I'm having now is when I try to load an auto save file it's giving me an error that it can't load the mod and its looking in the wrong place.
\Mod\C:\Documents and Settings...

Does anyone know a fix for this?

I'm pretty sure this is a CIV 4 bug which is why I posted it here.

I had the same problem. I edited the WBS file in notepad, and it won't load the scenario. Very annoying.

wotan321 said:
I had the same problem. I edited the WBS file in notepad, and it won't load the scenario. Very annoying.

I think you can edit it in a hex editor, but I haven't tried it.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue.

I tried using the Mod designation in the ini file for the first time and having the same problem. Mod loads fine, and works fine, but trying to load a save is an effort in futility.

After a bit of playing around, here's what I've come up with (game is really starting to aggrevate me).

When placing in the My Docs mod folder it loads properly first time, but cannot load a save game. Exhibits same behavior regardless if I auto-load using the INI file.

When placing in the game directory mod folder it loads properly first time and am capable of loading save games. Works with or without the INI file auto-load.

Out of curiosity, what operating system are you using, I'm working on 2k.

snepp said:
After a bit of playing around, here's what I've come up with (game is really starting to aggrevate me).

When placing in the My Docs mod folder it loads properly first time, but cannot load a save game. Exhibits same behavior regardless if I auto-load using the INI file.

When placing in the game directory mod folder it loads properly first time and am capable of loading save games. Works with or without the INI file auto-load.

Out of curiosity, what operating system are you using, I'm working on 2k.

I noticed the same thing. I'm running XP

Top Bottom