East Meets West: A Tale from Ryhes and Fall of Civilization

TheAmerican

Warlord
Prologue

We've heard tales of great cities to the west, tales of magnificent constructions and civilized men. But in the steppes, great cities are non-existent. Civilization is just a dream for my people. If we stay in one place too long, the Gods send apparitions to kill and rape us. When we try to grow crops, great plagues destroy our crops and people alike. And when we construct buildings, the Gods rip the earth apart and swallow them whole. The Gods of the steppes have never made life easy for my people, we've lived a cursed existence, forever doomed to wander the steppes.

My people did not always live here. The elders tell tales of a great and perilous journey, where our people crossed great mountains and rivers to arrive in the promise land. Our people lost their way however, and became trapped in the steppes. We do not know when our people crossed the mountains and arrived in the steppes, nor do we know why. We do know one thing though. Our only hope is to leave the steppes, abandon the old gods and this barren landscape once and for all.

Top Bottom