My name is Germnoble, and I'm a Noob.

Germnoble

Warlord
Now, specifically. I haven't played whole bunch since Gods and Kings dropped. The trading posts being moved around kind of messed with my usual flow and I find it harder to get gold going. Which affects my military strategy and as a result, my science and culture gathering.

So I need some tips on playing in the post GnK world and I've always had a problem with Domination victories. Usually winning via science unintentionally after aborting my domination attempts. I just cant seem to get it going early enough. I've only won on culture once, barely. Popping the Utopia a turn before I think Ghandi was going to get a science victory. As for diplomacy, LOL. I haven't even attempted it, dealing with all the usual BS in ADDITION to keeping the city states happy just sounds mind exploding. And as I said, I have money issues.

So some basic tips on post GnK Civ would be awesome.

(Also: I'll reboot my Greeks story after Brave New World drops.)

try to get to Guilds as fast as possible. Improve Calendar luxuries. Don't build buildings in every city(like barrack). For building units I guess you have to gauge how many you need for defense or offense depend on terrain, surrounding AI's, .etc. Like in Ancient and Classical era, I wouldn't bother Babylon because their special archers and walls will destroy your army easy.

I usually pick one or two of my cities to build barracks and the like, and those become my main unit producers. It's also best to have a navy of 1-2 melee, and 3 ranged. Chances are, a few of your targets will be coastal.

It's funny, I usually stumble into domination. In my current game, I actually aimed for a science victory, but then I realized it would be easier to do Domination.

try to get to Guilds as fast as possible. Improve Calendar luxuries. Don't build buildings in every city(like barrack). For building units I guess you have to gauge how many you need for defense or offense depend on terrain, surrounding AI's, .etc. Like in Ancient and Classical era, I wouldn't bother Babylon because their special archers and walls will destroy your army easy.

I'm actually dicking around on settler right now and just about to go to war with Babylon, lol.

Practice taking the nearest civ with 5-6 composite bowmen (upgraded from archers) and a warrior or two. I think when you've got that down, you'll have learned most of the "tactics" you need to dominate in those important pre-industrial wars.

Top Bottom