Same old tired question again...

Larsenex

King
Is the newest expac a must have?

I really like G&G but I am wondering if BNW is uh, worth it. I primarily play huge maps and disable all victory except conquest. Just because.

Any advice?

I really didn't like what I saw in BNW when it first came out, I missed the old culture camp strategy, and these strange trade routes/great works I didn't really understand.

But I've grown to love it now, it spices up the mid/late game a bit. On G&K I know how you feel, doing anything but domination often feels bland at the end. BNW gives you a bit more incentive to build your empire and play deep into the game

Is the newest expac a must have?

I really like G&G but I am wondering if BNW is uh, worth it. I primarily play huge maps and disable all victory except conquest. Just because.

Any advice?

Short reply: YES!

Longer reply: IMHO, BNW is the best Civ incarnation so far (sorry, civ IV fans, I just don't get all the hype about it). If you like G&K you will surely enjoy all the new features and depth BNW brings to the game. You will finally find a use for all those faith points you've accumulated after you spread your religion. The culture victory is definitely more challenging and some of the new CiVs (I would love to say all, but I haven't tried all of them so far) are very nice to play as. Plus, if you like domination games, it is harder on BNW too. If I am not mistaken, up to G&K, if one player got all the capitals except yours and you take his capital in the end, you won the game. In BNW you have to control all the capitals to get a Domination Victory.

Top Bottom