Trebuchet

JMK

King
Not sure if this has already been reported.
I could not disembark trebuchet to a roaded mountain close to an enemy city.
To be noticed the ONLY tile that was roaded was the mountain, no other tiles around this city were roaded.
Later, I could take the city, move the trebuchet inside the city thanks to a Dromon, but could not move the trebuchet to the roaded mountain!
I had to road the city to the network in order to finally access to the roaded mountain with the trebuchet.
Sorry did not keep a save.

I'm pretty sure that even if the mountain is roaded, the tile your wheeled unit is on must also be roaded in order for you to make the move. Since coastal tiles can't be roaded, you'll never be able to unload a wheeled unit from the sea to a mountain, jungle, swamp or volcano.

Wombatoftruth this makes sense at least to what happen to me.
I knew that I could not access with a wheeled unit to mountain, jungle, swamp if there was no road, but I think this is clearly a bug when you can not have access to a roaded mountain, roaded jungle or roaded swamp only because your wheeled unit comes from an unroaded tile.

That btw occasionally hurts the AI in Scenarios with AI Armies:
The AI always pillages all terrain improvements outside friendly territory with C3C Armies. If the Armies are 'wheeled', or they somehow have other wheeled units in the stack (like in RAR - all mechanized units are wheeled), they get stuck :wallbash:.

@Doc - You could always just make sure the map has no unbroken mountain chains in it. Mix in a few hills instead. ;)

Lord Parkin said:
@Doc - You could always just make sure the map has no unbroken mountain chains in it. Mix in a few hills instead. ;)
Except for the fact that RaR plays on random map. Which means you can't make sure that no such 'trap' places exist.

You can generate the map in the editor, and check it before playing it... ;)

Top Bottom