Confused with Public Opinion

ndfan737

Chieftain
Basically, I thought I had an idea of how it worked, but then this threw me for a loop. Shouldn't I be at content right now, in the SS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-15 at 11.33.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-15 at 11.33.00 PM.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 262
What's your influence on other civs? You have really low tourism for this late in the game. You are getting influenced by the others for autocracy and order, and if your influence sucks then you will have discontent

What's your influence on other civs? You have really low tourism for this late in the game. You are getting influenced by the others for autocracy and order, and if your influence sucks then you will have discontent

Yea I understand that, and thats what the little icons mean if im not mistaken. That they are two levels above me. It's just that I thought because of the World Ideology it would cancel out.

You have three pips against freedom (one for order and two for autocracy), and two pips for freedom (from the world ideology). This has the net effect of one pip of ideological unhappiness.

Wait a second, if thats true, why are the Inca only in Civil Resistance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 12.20.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 12.20.51 AM.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 134
It isn't a straight 1-2-3 scale.

0: content
1-2: Dissidents
3-4: Civil Resistance
5+: Revolutionary wave

In this case, the inca have 4 pips against their current ideology and none for it. That puts them in the civil resistance category.

For more a more detailed explanation of the system, take a look at this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504903

ooh. I didn`t know there was a public opinion section! Must check it out!

Top Bottom