Is there a way to fix the Ai Happiness?

Hakuoh

Warlord
Well i gues you all know what i mean.
Having 20 Citys with decent pop and still arround 70-100 Happiness.
I play on Emporer.

I changed the Ais Bonus from chieftain to warlord but the only one who suffered a bit in my game is Cathrine. Everyone else still has 50+ Happiness.
With all those Golden Ages and warmorger its hard to keep up with them getting bigger and bigger. I mean its okay that they have an advantage with Hammer and stuff but i dont see the Point of having 200% more Happiness then me.

Any ideas or Mods?

I play on Emporer.

I changed the Ais Bonus from chieftain to warlord but the only one who suffered a bit in my game is Cathrine. Everyone else still has 50+ Happiness.
With all those Golden Ages and warmorger its hard to keep up with them getting bigger and bigger. I mean its okay that they have an advantage with Hammer and stuff but i dont see the Point of having 200% more Happiness then me.
The major point is that if you want to keep emperor at the same level of difficulty for you, when you take away the AI advantage of happiness, you'll have to give the AI some other more distorting advantage (like more hammers or gold). I wouldn't want to see AI aggression lessened because they start to worry about happiness.

I play on Emporer.

Any ideas or Mods?

The jump between Warlord & Prince is much more significant compared to Chieftain to Warlord for the AI.

Setting AI to Prince and going into the handicaps file to remove the additional AI bonuses to happiness on Emperor & above, you would see several AIs in early game with low to negative happiness. (It behaves kind of like a human new to Prince level who played too many games on Chieftain / Warlord.) Inspection of that xml file also shows the AI gets massive discounts on fighting the barbs and upgrading units in addition to the several bonuses the AI gets simply on the Chieftain level.

Later in the game when happiness sources are easier to come by, the AI manages happiness much better.

The VEM / GEM mods are the ones that were designed around AI having the same happiness as the human and include code for the AI to cash rush important things such as happiness buildings.

However, it was discovered after the last stable VEM release that G&K had broken the happiness settings and reset them back to Chieftain. Their beta patch to it fixes it. See the community expansion sub forum for more details on that mod.

Top Bottom