IMAC:Civilization IV Beyond the Sword won't work after installing Yosemite

Kerby

Chieftain
Does anyone know how to tell a not computer savvy guy how to make this game play since I've installed os x Yosemite ? If buying a new game will work. I am willing to do that. I just want to play again.

You're not alone. Real problems, and although Zyth's solution posted elsewhere seems good, it assumes one can find My Library and transfer files into it. As I cannot find My Library, I can't do the transfer bit either.

The solution referred to by Innings, is in the Mac forum and describes how to fix the problem. (called "How to get Civ4:BTS working on OS X Yosemite") Here is a direct link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=530804

The Library that you want is not called "My Library". It is called "Library" and is located in the System folder. You do not want the Library that is located at the top level nor the one in your user account. The location is: (your main hard drive name)/System/Library.

Unfortunately, OSX has many folders called "Library", so if you look at the wrong one, you won't find the Python folders.

If you are still having trouble, post in Xyth's Yosemite fix thread (link and name above) in the Mac forum and he will help walk you through it.

Top Bottom