Civilization 4 Tin Box (Australia)

Marlor

Chieftain
Does anyone know anything about the Civilization 4 Collectors Edition Tin Box?

It has started appearing in all the online games stores here in Australia, although I haven't seen it in any bricks-and-mortar retailers yet.

A random example of one of the stores selling it is:
http://www.dvdcrave.com.au/products/product.jsp?pid=29706

As you can see, it just looks like the standard version in a tin box. There is presently no information about it anywhere other than at the stores selling it.

I'm currently looking at buying Civ IV, since I finally have a PC that should handle it, but now I'm wondering whether to pay the extra for this version, and would love to know more about it if anybody has bought it (e.g. does it include any extras other than the fancy box).

Hi There ...
I bought the collectors tin just the other week.
Mostly because when civ 3 came out I bought that collectors tin.
The tin contains the game in a dvd style case and the full printed manual.
Also you get a foldout keyboard shortcut card plus a leaflet telling you about warlords addon.
I didnt think it was a good as the civ 3 tin which had a limited edition "making of civ 3" cd included.

I bought mine at Game Traders at Morayfield shopping centre for $79.00.
If you have game to trade take them in and they will take the traded amount of the price.

To be honest I really dont like Civ 4 all that much.I have been a die hard player since civ1 but this editions simply is overkill.It really looks like someone said "hey how do me make it better.... oh i know lets make more stuff"
It is confused overcomplicated and boring.The religion idea idea total rubbish.You no longerr have attack and defense points ...just one single attack figure which in my opinion sucks.Don't play Arabia because the green border colour just blends into the map...impossible to see your borders.Civ 3 had you going for hours and hours but I got bored with Civ 4 after 1 game.
Sad .... They didnt think about this game at all.

But don't get me wrong this is only my opinion .. you may totally love it.
Graphics are great ... so is the music and some of the new features like promotions.I am going back to Civ 3.

If you want to buy mine ...it is brand new .. and you can have it for $59.00 .. I will even post it out to you if you don't live on the northside for an extra $5.00 just emaile at mantaria@ecn.net.au.

Hope this helps
Regards

Top Bottom