Civ 5 cheats

00konichiwa00

Prince
is there any? I have just started playing and I am only on difficulty level 4 (or maybe 3) and the americans declared war early before I trained any soldiers. Is there any cheats where I can put i.e. 1 archer in a city?

thanks a lot

If you are getting warrior rushed early bare in mind that cities can take quite a bit of punishment. Try and hold out until you can buy a unit to help. Or reroll and be more careful next time. Why would you want to cheat I don't know...

No offense intended but why do you need a cheat for that? This isn't Civ4 where a lone barbarian will take your city in one fell swoop - they have to siege your city for quite some time(unless they've got an obnoxious tech boost). Just build an archer, buy an archer, make peace with them, make allies with someone to come help you, etc. Using cheats to get out of 'tight spots' is only cheating yourself, lol.

If you are getting warrior rushed early bare in mind that cities can take quite a bit of punishment. Try and hold out until you can buy a unit to help. Or reroll and be more careful next time. Why would you want to cheat I don't know...

ok thanks. well I don't want to start a game all over again. level 1 and 2 are too easy, so I want to cheat and put in just 1 or 2 units just to survive until I can produce units. the difference between level 2 and 3 are pretty big. never thought I would face war this early in the game

No offense intended but why do you need a cheat for that? This isn't Civ4 where a lone barbarian will take your city in one fell swoop - they have to siege your city for quite some time(unless they've got an obnoxious tech boost). Just build an archer, buy an archer, make peace with them, make allies with someone to come help you, etc. Using cheats to get out of 'tight spots' is only cheating yourself, lol.

well it's my choice to cheat and I am still learning the game. it's pretty easy to conquer cities in civ 5 compared to civ 4. they are moving 1 archers and 2 other units toward one of my cities and it will only take them 4 or 5 turns before they take it. I have only one soldier and that is a early warrior - which doesn't help much.

is there any? I have just started playing and I am only on difficulty level 4 (or maybe 3) and the americans declared war early before I trained any soldiers.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? Ha Ha! Sell your cities to the highest bidder and run to the hills where you can watch your capital torned asunder!

Fear not buddy. Nothing lasts but nothing is lost. Start a new game and prioritize the creation of a ruthless and sociopathic war machine. Blitzkrieg them all and SIEG HEIL!

Play at a lower level and you won't have to cheat, the game is so easy at the lower levels it's almost impossible to lose unless you try. When you get bored, move up one level until you are bored again. Rinse and repeat until you get to your comfy zone with Civ V. :)

well it's my choice to cheat and I am still learning the game. it's pretty easy to conquer cities in civ 5 compared to civ 4. they are moving 1 archers and 2 other units toward one of my cities and it will only take them 4 or 5 turns before they take it. I have only one soldier and that is a early warrior - which doesn't help much.

If you're trying to learning using 'cheats' is one of the absolute worst ways to go about it. Like I said - you aren't cheating the game; you're cheating yourself. Make sure you have tips set to the lowest possible; if you're constantly getting taken out(if this isn't your first game) then you need to rethink your 'strategy'. Also - one basic warrior and your citys bombard can easily hold off early forces from most civs -- especially the A.I.'s. If you're just around archer tech you might as well restart anyways ;). If you're playing on a small map or one with multiple agressive civ's it's usually wise to get archery when you feel it's comfortable and stick an archer in your city. This will greatly increase your citys survivability.

Play at a lower level and you won't have to cheat, the game is so easy at the lower levels it's almost impossible to lose unless you try. When you get bored, move up one level until you are bored again. Rinse and repeat until you get to your comfy zone with Civ V. :)

thats what I have been doing. I started on learning level and I am now on third level. level 1 and 2 are way too easy. in civ 4 level 4 was my "comfy" level.

thats what I have been doing. I started on learning level and I am now on third level. level 1 and 2 are way too easy. in civ 4 level 4 was my "comfy" level.

When you move up levels, your happiness and income and military needs change and are harder to keep up with. But it's no big deal really, the game isn't complicated, just remember to keep up your military so you can at least play a good defensive game and continue to build. That's what I do anyway. The only time I'm super aggressive is when some stupid civ continues to annoy me the whole bleeping game and then I'll go after them. Archers are your best buddies in the early stages of the game.

When you move up levels, your happiness and income and military needs change and are harder to keep up with. But it's no big deal really, the game isn't complicated, just remember to keep up your military so you can at least play a good defensive game and continue to build. That's what I do anyway. The only time I'm super aggressive is when some stupid civ continues to annoy me the whole bleeping game and then I'll go after them. Archers are your best buddies in the early stages of the game.

offcourse it gets harder for each level. right now I am focusing on getting the production and gold income up, so I can produce units faster. because I focused on building workers my civ cannot afford so many archers and building them takes forever. that why I want to just cheat by putting 1 or 2 archers in the city they are attacking and disable them when the war is over. but I'll see if I can afford to buy archers before I cheat (if I can build them this early, not sure if I have that technology)

thanks for all feedback. bedtime for me...

The only way to play civ 5, sad but true...
Rerolling FTW!

OT: Check out some of the strategy articles for tips and stuff. Loads of info on how to play certain civs, some may be out dated but may enlighten you on different tactics.

Top Bottom