Great Expanse Question

kamex

Emperor
No played this civ yet but I'm looking forward to it. :)

Quick question: Do the free tiles increase the culture cost of your border pops? Or can you get your next til after founding just as quick as any other civ?

I've played them once. I don't think there is any increase in upfront costs for border expansion that I remember. Even if there was, i'd still take it because of the immediate availability of resources that you might have waiting dozens of turns to get access to. I've also noticed that the auto expansion did a good job of picking good tiles to snag so I rarely, ever, had to buy a tile or anything of that sort to keep luxuries or resources at the ready.

I've played them once. I don't think there is any increase in upfront costs for border expansion that I remember. Even if there was, i'd still take it because of the immediate availability of resources that you might have waiting dozens of turns to get access to. I've also noticed that the auto expansion did a good job of picking good tiles to snag so I rarely, ever, had to buy a tile or anything of that sort to keep luxuries or resources at the ready.

Agree on this, the AI is excellent at snagging the resources you're after. I found in my 2 shoshone games that my borders expanded really quickly.

No, the extra tiles don't increase the cost of your naturally- acquired ones.

Thanks! :) For some reason I always imagined it would! Ohh this excites me. So, you could still open Tradition and use the free momuments for insane border growth!

And with the 10% attack bonus and Great Wall, I think AI would really struggle to invade :lol:

I'm wondering if Tradition or Liberty is better for them.

I'm wondering if Tradition or Liberty is better for them.

I would say Liberty. You could probably get away with not spending any points in tradition at all, which i find you kind of have to spend at least 1 point for when playing as anyone else other than America.

Top Bottom