Concert Tour question

manu-fan

Emperor
Hi,

If you use a Great Musician for a Concert Tour, exactly how my Tourism does it generate, and what is it based on?

I seem to get totally different results with different GMs, so I'd like to know the optimum use.

Thanks.

Great Musicians generate 10 times your tourism at the time that the GM spawned. So if a GM spawned when you have +50 tourism/turn, the GM would generate 500 tourism. Unlike the Great Scientist, the Great Musician's strength does not increase as you increase in tourism output.

Finally, the GM will generate ~20% of it's value to every other civ that the one it was performing in. From the above example, if this GM did a concert tour in Greece, it would generate 500 tourism influence over greece, and ~100 tourism over every other civ for you.

This means that late game GMs are better for concert tours than early game ones.

Ahh. That explains it. An early while I had open borders netted me 150, whereas a later game one when I went to war netted me 950. That explains it all.

Cheers.

May I steal the topic for a sec while you've gotten your answer.

What is the minimum force that the concert tour gives, I've noticed that the AI, often shamefully walks into my territory and nets a petty 67 tourism against me, is there a default minimum amount?

lol, 67 tourism? I think if they maybe used that musician to create a great work, it would have earned more tourism :p But alas, I do not know a minimum tourism bonus, partly because the AI haven't used on me :/

But anyways, you should try to focus your musicians during a golden age as Brazil, or after you win the world games. Also don't making any till you get the internet will help make your first few quite powerful (AKA, hold off the musicians guild until industrial or modern era)
Additionally, if you're going for the CV, you SHOULD have at least 1 way of buying musicians, be it the glory of god belief, or filling out aesthetics(the second option is the safer bet, as the AI seems to like spamming patronage, and that belief, or at least for me :p)

The big bonus for the concert tour goes to the owner of the Great Musician. Other civilizations get only a small percentage. Maybe the 67 was what your civilization received not what the owner of the Great Musician received,.

The concert tour is dependent on the number you have for tourism. It is not affected by the amount of tourism you are pushing out to others. The bonuses you get from having trade routes or a share religion will do nothing for the concert tour. But the increase you get for researching the Internet will increase the concert tour. The 100% bonus tourism is applied to the tourism you are generating, and not the tourism you are pushing out.

The big bonus for the concert tour goes to the owner of the Great Musician. Other civilizations get only a small percentage. Maybe the 67 was what your civilization received not what the owner of the Great Musician received,.
more likely the AI is just terrible at using great people.

Naah, it was others, I know because I saw the "67" pop up when it's expened within my territory, so I know the AI used it. 67 is also the number for quick speed's ... overall worth, i.e Initiation Rites is 100 gold, but 67 on quick.

Anyone have some rough estimates of typical total AI culture by the later eras? Do they go beyond the tens of thousands?

Top Bottom