Does anyone build Giant Death Robots?

Do you build Giant Death Robots in Brave New World?

• Most of the time, yes.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • It depends on the situation. I.E (Non-Nuclear proliferation passed)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I still build them, but not that much.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 50 53.2%

• Total voters
I just built one for the first time ever. I didn't use it, but free Uranium, heh why not fool around with victory in reach.

In the first Civ V match I played all of us had only reached WWII-era technology by 2050 (i.e. early Atomic Age). The game was set to be standard speed, so I don't know what happened. Nowhere close to giant death robots or even missiles.

2050 and no GDR? Wow. You gotta bulb those scientists sometimes, dude. :)

I remember some of my first games on King going to something like turn 450. "All those wonders ain't gonna build themselves in my 100-city empire! I can put off libraries..."

Very odd thing to poll about. They're endgame toys that are there to pad out the game if somebody hasn't produced their last spaceship part yet.

Slow day, I guess.

i always play the domination game and most of the time the AI tends to over take the map and i end up with maybe atmost 10 cities but all my units are built out of one city cause of the wonders and such that give the all the combat bonuses, i tend to build all of the wonders and leave the other civs wonderless lol, and im always rich so i tend to buy all my units and rarely build them, but yes i love building them first off even with the bonus defense from wonders,freedom,and building on mountians the GDR helps with defense better than most units, offensively they pound cities, 2 of them take it down easily 1 will take it down but may come close to death that all depends on the def of the city your attacking, and if your worried about not having enough uranium u can always trade other civs for theres build the units till u cant then ur good, may have a negative on uranium but u can always retrade for more, and also cs will give u some when allied, there is also a policy that boosts your strategic resources alot, so i never really run out of anything resource wise, going big army or navy tends to run your positive cash flow really low before u run out of those resources tho, but like ive said ive always been rich lol, with having everything built and when not at war i tend to stock pile money into the millions ;)

I played a huge deity standard continents game. I got delayed in war because Persia and Arabia kept flipping control of another civ and I picked the wrong friend to launch my invasion so I had to wait out the DoF. Darius had a LOT of them and a lot of uranium. They held up well vs my stealths and I popped a few out to play defense when I had to go at a nuking civ and flipped a city back and forth to break his army down. You usually have the game won if you are building them, though.

Top Bottom