Sweden's UA without G&K's aggression

bjarkieinars

Chieftain
I started a new game last night to see if I could make tons of friends as Sweden since I was experiencing so little aggression from the civs these days and I never managed to utilize the Swedish UA before.

Huge Pangea map with 22 civs and 10 or 12 city states on Diety.

I got a tundra start with some snow inside my south border and ice closing my bay from the world :( but gold, crabs, marble and 5x fishes (Ethiopia took God of the sea and Arabia was my neighbor so I ignored religion all together).

Only had space for 2 extra city's, with only 1 salt and 1 marble for extra resources.

Turn 180, 10 turns to modern era (14th in literacy) and my army consists of a spearman, a warrior and a scout. I have 15 friends (150% GP generation). 18-22 scientist points per turn in all 3 cities. Already got 3x scientists waiting around and 2x academy's in the tundra.

Only the Huns warmongered, they took an unknown civ out early and the world united in hating them, only recently Egypt dow'd them though. Other then that there have only been 2 brawls that ended in peace treaties. Shoshone took 2 cities from Japan and Zulu fought Arabia with neither of them taking any cities.

I once got news from the Mayans that the French (my other neighbor and was not my friend) were planning to backstab me, so I bribed them 5 gpt and Napoleon befriended me a couple of turns later. I have never had anyone coveting my lands or thinking my army was to small. Shaka even sent an Impi through my borders to take out a barb camp in the snow south of me that was giving me troubles :)

Yeah, I was just thinking that Sweden might finally be good with BNW because the leader flavors do a better job of matching how someone ought to play as Sweden.

Top Bottom