Easily recognizable quote from civilization

Suntechnique

Chieftain
Hi, all.

I have a strange habit of putting game referencing quotes on my car bumper sticker (a bit nerdy, I know :)) but without direct reference to the game name.

Examples (for League of Legends, Bioshock and Portal respectively):
  • Mundo goes where he pleases
  • Would You Kindly?
  • Cake is a lie

Now I turned to Civilization, but can't find a good one. Unlike other games it's not always possible to use quotes as they are often real life quotes. E.g. I'd like to use one from Horseback Riding ("My kingdom for a horse!") but there is hardly any connection to Civ here.

Any advises, please? :mischief:

The future will indeed be interesting- future tech description
DENOUNCED (note: this does not mean you are at war)- denounced
"Tremble with fear under the power of my nuclear arms!" Mohandas gandhi- LoL

Does it have to be from Civilization V?
In Civilization IV, "Your head would look good on the end of a stick" was the Declare War button! :lol:
There was also the oh so famous "Beep... Beep... Beep..."

From Civ V, there's the "People with the Pointiest Sticks" and "The Mostest Literate People". Or you could go "WOULD YOU ME IIINTERESTED IN A TRAAAAADEEE AGREEMENT WITH EEENGLAND?" or "Ximicacan! Ximicacan! XIMICACAN!" :lol:

"One... More... Turn..."

edit: ninja'd!

Other possibilities:

"You're right to worry, and it's time for you to die!"
"It's nice to see my favourite city-state again"

or one from Civ 3:

"You say you want a revolution?"

"One More Turn" is clearly the winner though.

"Your head would look good on the end of a pole."

A little long, but very intimidating.

Oh, thanks a lot for ideas.

"Wait, just one ... more ... turn" seems to perfectly match :):)

And "WOULD YOU ME IIINTERESTED IN A TRAAAAADEEE AGREEMENT WITH EEENGLAND?" and Gandhi ones are great too! And "Stand the test of time"!

1. Can you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?
2. I hope you will take care of my peacocks. [Harun Al-Rashid Defeat]
3. That makes me your captive. There are worse fates, I suppose. [Catherine Defeat]
4. But beware, for Heaven shall surely be victorious in the end! [Isabella Defeat]
5. Fate has christened me the one who shall unite this divided planet [DoW].

I hope this helps :)

I forgot the best war declaration ever. I was shocked and speechless the first time: 'By the grace of God your days are numbered!'

Not that she managed to do anything but I froze for about ten seconds.

Civ 4:
- "Now I have a chariot. Ho-ho-ho."
- "Give us what we want or twenty thousand screaming warriors will come and take it."
- "Let us have peace until there is no more room to expand!"
- Something like "Tell me, are you a righteous people, or are you barbaric heathens that need to be wiped off the face of this land?"
Civ 5: *
- "The blessings of heavens be upon you, o great king Darius I!"
- "Your borders are so tiny. Did they just forget to expand or something?"
- "I think I saw the only military unit the (any civilization) Empire has. It looked sad and lonely."

But I would I think the best is, as previously mentioned, "WOULD YOU BE IIINTERESTED IN A TRAAAAADEEE AGREEMENT WITH EEENGLAND?" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

*Probably not accurate; I haven't been playing for long. The first is the opening sentence of the lecture about Darius and the second is a taunt from Catherine.

And "WOULD YOU ME IIINTERESTED IN A TRAAAAADEEE AGREEMENT WITH EEENGLAND?"

I hater her.. every time I hear Elizabeth I just want to invade her before she gets Longbow and frigates..

Napoléon with his favourite sentence: "La France te fait cette proposition.... exceptionnelle!" (litteraly, "France makes this exceptional proposition"), which as a frenchman makes me laugh every time I deal with him...

"I shall sacrifice 20 captives as a sign of our meeting!"

"It's nice to see my favorite city-state again."

"They believe you are a warmongering menace to the world!"

There was a phrase you hear, when you win space victory. "To go where no man have gone before", "Leading them into a brave new world". Might be some mistakes, but I think they fit Civilization V theme very well.

Top Bottom