DLC Junkie

ferretbacon

Obsessor
Anyone else a DLC addict? I'm hoping there's going to be more and I'm ready for it.

I think I'd be happy if, by the end of the DLC, we had the Zulu, Portugeuse, Inuit, Majapahit, Nepal (I think a Gurkha UU would be cool), and Sumeria. Think that's it. Though any DLC is welcome by me of course... those are just the ones that I would be especially pleased to see.

When do you think we might hear word of new DLC? IIRC, Vanilla was released in September and we had DLC announced and released a couple of months afterward; G&K was released in July and still nothing in November, basically four months later.:(

Yeah, I'm a big fan of some DLC, especially DLC civs.

Just love the flavour of having absolutely loads of civs in the game - BtS was awesome for having so many! I'm just not sure how many would work.

Portugal and Sumeria, definitely. The Zulu would also be cool, I'm not sure how obscure Firaxis and co. are willing to go.

Nothing? What about that humongous patch?

Patches aren't DLC, just fixes, balances, and tweaks. No new content.

Count me in! Luv new civs and maps. Inuit Civ is my latest favorite. Unfortunately many of the maps are too large to play on given the current issues with the game. I wish for a more standardized referencing posting method for DLC as the descriptions are often misleading or not very complete.

I had thought that there might be some new DLC released with the fall patch, as it's been a while since Gods and Kings was released. I've been checking these forums every day since then to see if something has been announced, but no luck yet. :(

I'm really glad that Firaxis are continuing to release patches for the game, but the excitement of knowing there's going to be a new civ in the game to face off against is hard to beat. I'm just hoping that 2k isn't keeping Firaxis completely occupied with producing stuff for X-Com or that new Civ MMO at the moment. I'd really like to see a new DLC for Civ before the end of the year. Maybe a double civ pack? Sumeria and the Hittites anyone?

Grand Temple.

Don't be obtuse; that's the exception to the rule. DLC is a very specific term used to denote a major content addition, such as a new civilization(s), scenario, or gameplay mechanic, usually for a small monetary fee.

A national wonder thrown into a patch is hardly DLC.

I am really surprised they have not cashed in more. They could have released dozens of other nations, only charged a few euros and everyone would be gobbling up their few favorites. They could have been churning them out, a new one each week!

Likely: I'm guessing some sub-Saharan African civ, also Portuguese.

Hopes: I'd like to see Brazil or Gran Colombia, and another North American native tribe (Sioux, Tillicum, or Inuit), maybe also the Tupi to fill out South America pre-colonization.

I am also a fan of the DLC. I'm anticipating that whatever DLC they release next will involve the American Civil War scenario that they didn't include in G&K. Perhaps it will have a new Native American civ like the Sioux or Comanche. Perhaps not though. It might be like the Korean & Wonders of the Ancient World DLCs. Two would be released at once, one with the ACW scenario, and the other with an unrelated civ and you get a discount if you buy both at once.

Well, 1 great reason is that the game only allows 80 teams. That is hardcoded in the engine... And the current 34 civs + some city states + barbarian player exceed it for a lot.

But Yeah, It would make some sense, but it would make people view Firaxis as only a for-profit enterprise. In fact it is, but it would be bad for the company

Like I said in my little analogy, I'm an addict, Steam is my dealer, and Firaxis is the supplier... I don't care what the public image of Firaxis is if they keep churning out DLC and selling them piece-meal. I'm unfortunately a willing participant in having my wallet plundered over and over again, so they should produce something new, because I'm having some withdrawal.

Why not try some of the player mods? There are plenty of new civs in the Steam Workshop. They don't have nifty animated leaders, but they also don't have a cost!

But Yeah, It would make some sense, but it would make people view Firaxis as only a for-profit enterprise. In fact it is, but it would be bad for the company

It's a strange, sad world we live in, where expecting to make money for your labor is somehow shameful.

I have all the DLC. I even accidentally bought the Explorer Map Pack for $5 when I'd already bought it with the Denmark DLC for $8 lol!

And ... I only ever play George Washington :lol:

My fingers crossed for a Portuguese Civ :) Right now I'm playing with Arabs and Dido. The closer I have from Portugal at the moment.

My favorite dlc was the wonder pack. I really hope to see more of content dlcs.

I hope they go a different route this time, mini expansion 8-10$. Ya most people might hate me because we will have to wait a little longer but I think its worth it. So bunch of new civs, wonders, scenarios, and hey maybe some new units?

I was thinking I do not want to push ahead with modding, until I at least know what is coming out. I mean if we are going to have more DLCs and a second expansion, then I feel it is best to wait until then. Because what has happened in the past is that we have to update mods with each new expansion. It was a real pain doing that in CiIV. I mean it was a lot of work, especially when life gives you little time for play.

I hope we hear something soon. Perhaps I am wrong, but why patch a game that is finished delivering new content? Something is up, the devs are just being quiet as usual. :)

If it is a DLC. I want to see the Zulu, we need a real tribal African civ. Also, give us Portugal/Hungary/Poland/Brazil/Mexico, do I dare say Australia/Canada? Tibet would be nice too. Any of these would make fine additions.

Ideas for new units. We have Great War land and air units, what about naval units? A 4 stacker destroyer, and dreadnought would be nice. Caravel - Ironclad - Four Stacker or Great War Destroyer (or maybe a protected or armored cruiser) - Destroyer

Galleass - Frigate - Dreadnought (or a battlecruiser) - Battleship If not how about a dive bomber?

I have to laugh, one day I posted. Please give us a biplane. Well before long a triplane was added. That was truly amazing. I hate to sit there and think that this game is finished, when there are so many more possibilities for additions. All of us in the forums come up with tons of ideas for making this game better, because of this the devs have plenty of material to look over and talk about.

The other thing I would suggest is a musket unit without a helmet, maybe flintlock, Revolutionary/Napoleonic infantry or something, in between musketman and rifleman. See, I do not want to overload the techtree, just fit a few more pieces in there if possible. It would go a long way to give the game a feel as if you are progressing through real history. A game balanced, semblance of realism. Which I happen to agree with. If it takes some readjusting and a few more techs, so be it. The devs have done a great job doing this so far. Why not extend it a bit more? As far as this goes this is the best Civ yet. And the only one with a triplane. See what I am saying?

By the time this game is finished it will surpass its predecessors. Especially, if they can make modding just a bit easier. With CiIV I can do so much more, it is like night and day. I would love to be able to do what I can in that game, with this one.

I really miss Shaka in my games. I'll be a happy camper when the Zulu are back. I hate 2 leaders with intensity since Civ 1 or 2 and that is Ghandi and Shaka......ok...let's throw Monty in there as well.

Top Bottom