Should I settle on spot?

Tannexaz

Chieftain
Hey guys, been a long time lurker who finally convinced himself to post a thread asking for help. :p
Spoiler :

So, would you recommend I settle on spot, or should I move towards one of the hills. I'm thinking that I would settle on spot because I get immediate access to the two wheat and river without having to give up a turn.

I would be tempted to move one tile to the left so I could also work the cow tile. With a stable and later tech boosts, they become really strong tiles.
If you intend to go Liberty vs. Tradition, then maybe settling on the spot is better, to get to that silver in a timely manner.

That would potentially also allow more forest tiles for later lumber mills, as there aren't so many hills there for prodution.
But, I usually try to move the warrior at least twice so I can see more of the surrounding terrain. There can be a third luxury or wheat/cow tile etc, that you would miss otherwise. That woul more than offset
the one extra turn delay in settling the capital.

I would settle in place given that this is the capital. Since you aren't playing the Shoshone, you want 2 luxaries for your capital to be within 2 tiles.
That is even with Tradition.

Note that even 2 Wheat tiles make God of the Sun better than Fertility Rites. But if there are a few more copies of even Silver or Wine around then those are even better.

I'm not sure what difficulty level this is; but if it's Emperor+ skip all early world wonders, you don't have the early hammers to support that.

The toolbar looks strange, is this a mod that affects gameplay?

The toolbar looks strange, is this a mod that affects gameplay?
That's Enhanced User Interface -> http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263

@Topic: If you feel like taking a risk, you could also settle on the Wine. You'd get rid of some of the useless plains, probably get additional river tiles and it looks like there's additional grassland down there. You wouldn't lose any resources, but you'd be kind of screwed if there are no additional production tiles in the fog. I'm not really sure about the silver - I guess with the Wheat being directly next to that tile, the borders would probably prioritizing it anyway, so you wouldn't even have to buy the tile.

What I would do: Move the Settler onto the plains next to the warrior. On the next turn, move the warrior south - if he doesn't see anything interesting, move the settler up 1 tile (so you're on the tile that TurboJ prefers) and settle the city, if he sees something interesting that is worth spending another 2 turns, bring him down to the wine.

Top Bottom