Religious Texts or Itinerant Preachers?

Also, even if another religion has become majority in all of your cities (using the example above, Buddhism is your religion and Shinto was Japan's religion, and Japan converts your last city ()presumably your holy city) to Shinto), you can always spawn a Great Prophet that will be your religion (here, Buddhism), allowing you to begin reconverting your cities to your religion.

This is the point. I had many games when I preselect a unit religious unit with my only holy city not convert and the games say me «invalid faith purchase». In selection I can choose missionary or inquisitor, but same message next turn.

I conclude you have to make a religion a majority in a civilization by follower to deny religious founding or expand (exemple civ with 4 cities with pop 14-8-8-6 so 36, if you have 19 followers he's done). But in a recent game, I realized I was wrong.

But I still don't understand how I can't buy a religious unit in my holy city. :confused:

But I still don't understand how I can't buy a religious unit in my holy city.

You may have to share a screen capture or file save the next time this happens, but at the risk of overlooking the obvious: Are you sure you didn’t have a civilian unit parked in the city? That has bolloxed my auto unit purchases more than once...

Thanks for all the help, but I got to be honest and say that this sounds more like a pain than anything else. What about the 25% cheaper G prophet instead? That would be useful for the holy sites for late game engineer and scientists, right? Thanks.

Thanks for all the help, but I got to be honest and say that this sounds more like a pain than anything else.

How so? Both RT and IP are great, and don’t need to be managed.

What about the 25% cheaper G prophet instead? That would be useful for the holy sites for late game engineer and scientists, right?

Yes, Messiah, and it is also very good. But planted G prophets are still a weak tile, unless you close out piety. They are better used for converting CS IMHO.

Top Bottom