what strange coincidences or associations have occurred in your games?

I have 2 that I can think of. First off, some time ago while playing as Greece while at war with Persia I received Leonidas the Great general. In my current game on the same turn that I completed the Taj Mahal, I received a Great Merchant Shah Jahan. What strange coincidences have happened in your games?

every single time i play Asoka or Gandhi, I start with cows near my capital. Sometimes I wonder if it's an easter egg or just random luck...

...some time ago while playing as Greece while at war with Persia I received Leonidas the Great general.
That was almost exactly what I was about to mention, only backwards. My go-to "...really?" moment was the first time I was trying out an Immortal rush on Earth18. Took out the last Phalanx in Athens and popped Leonidas back in Persepolis. The 300 must've been rolling in their graves. :crazyeye:

I tend to be just one unit short of taking enemy´s city at a current turn. Even if it needs to meet the most ridiculous combat odds, if its reasonably possible, the combat odds "present" me 1 or 2 losses from 85-90% winning prop just to ensure I wont be able to capture AIs city.

I tend to be just one unit short of taking enemy´s city at a current turn. Even if it needs to meet the most ridiculous combat odds, if its reasonably possible, the combat odds "present" me 1 or 2 losses from 85-90% winning prop just to ensure I wont be able to capture AIs city.

and then you see your vassal's spearem in your stack... and you lose a holy city.

That was almost exactly what I was about to mention, only backwards. My go-to "...really?" moment was the first time I was trying out an Immortal rush on Earth18. Took out the last Phalanx in Athens and popped Leonidas back in Persepolis. The 300 must've been rolling in their graves. :crazyeye:

Obviously Leonidas accepted Xerxes' offer to be warlord of Greece. ;)

Chichen Itza wonder is built on Chichen Itza :eek:
Angkor War wonder is built on Angkor Wat :crazyeye:

All in the same game!

enough said...

Chichen Itza wonder is built on Chichen Itza :eek:
Angkor War wonder is built on Angkor Wat :crazyeye:

All in the same game!

enough said...

The Kremlin has been built in Washington..... oh wait :lol: (America running State Property on top of that as well...)

Not 100% sure this has happened in one of my games but I vaguely recall it (if I try hard enough).

Being first-strike nuked by Tokugawa while playing as America. An anti-coincidence?

The game thinks I'm Kublai Khan's twin brother. (Definitely a bug which I haven't seen before.)

Spoiler :

Using WB to check, does he somehow have the mids too?
First, I play with Locked Modified Assets on, so I can't use the World Builder.
Second, take a better look at the second picture. I'm 100% sure I built the Pyramids myself.

First, I play with Locked Modified Assets on, so I can't use the World Builder.
Second, take a better look at the second picture. I'm 100% sure I built the Pyramids myself.

I said "too." I saw the mids icon.

Did you change your xml file? I think you can set a building to non unique (meaning more than one can build it)

Started a game as Arabia in Advanced Start along with starting in the Middle Ages.
Within 2 turns I get the 'You have discovered Islam!'
With a happy face I found it great that I got to be able to spread a religion which I never actually use considering how it appears so late, before I realised most of my food resources were pigs.

No.
All games after the Stalin-KK game have been accepted in the HOF competition which doesn't allow to change the XML files.

What name do you have in the HoF, just out of interest? I've searched for games from you, but it doesn't find any on the main-page, wanted to know which difficulty you play and which types of games you play.

Tia.

HOF statistics : currently spot 46

My game settings :
Huge Hemispheres (the most interesting map type, mainly because of the possibility of early coastal connections)
12 players (equal distribution of players and land)
Marathon speed + raging barbarians (barbs don't scale with the other speeds)
Events on.
Huts on. (With huts off, the early religions always go to civs who start with Mysticism)
Emperor level. (Immortal would be the only other acceptable level)
Deity doesn't suit my style of playing. You simply can't compete with the AI bonuses.
At Monarch and lower levels the AIs are missing the 2 scouts for the goody huts.

I see, you play very fast and finish very constantly at about 1800 AD.

HoF-statistics don't say anything, because it's just the accumulation of highscore-points one got in one's games. I i. e. finish many games about 700y earlier, and as they're also on Deity, which doubles the score, I am getting quite constant 200k scores. I also played a few highscore-specific games where I maximised the population with Sushi (because population = highscore) , so I rank place 10 with only 37 games instead of 46 with almost 200 games.
There's one guy that ranks really high, like place 5 with only 7 games, but all of those were highscore games, so again, says nothing.

HoF is about fastest finish dates, not highscores, highscore is just a meta-discipline that gets listed out of interest, so forget that ranking, #1's or Quattromaster 100 points game count.

Top Bottom