Civ 3 Conquest portable. Is it possible?

register

Prince
I wonder if anyone thought about this. I like the versions of certain softwares or games I can store on my pendrive which I can access whenever I want without prior installation. Some of the older games are easily convertable to portable versions. I remember I was installing Caesar 3 like that on C drive in Sierra folder and then I was copying all installation folder to pendrive and then I was deleting everything from harddrive and then I had working game on pendrive. I was trying to repeat this process with civ 3 but I have errors and nothing its working. Maybe someone knows how to do it.

My first thought is the registry, but it only seems to have an install location and a possible release flag for each version (vanilla, PTW, Conquests). That would somehow need to be bypassed; I haven't done that before.

The other thing would be any shared libraries installed outside of the program folders, but aside from DirectX which should be covered, I'm not aware of any redistributables it needs.

Code:
> gci HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Infogrames

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Infogrames

Name                           Property                                                                                                  
----                           --------                                                                                                  
Civ3PTW                        install_path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\civ3PTW
                               Gold_Version : 1                                                                                          
Conquests                      install_path     : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III             
                               Complete\Conquests                                                                                        
                               Complete_Version : 1

Code:
> gci 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Infogrames Interactive'

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Infogrames Interactive

Name                           Property                                                                                                  
----                           --------                                                                                                  
Civilization III               install_path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete\

Edit: It looks like someone else has already thought of this general problem and may have solved it: http://portableapps.com/manuals/PortableApps.comLauncher/topics/registry.html . I'm not familiar with the "portable apps" groups or sites and don't know the reputation of this one, but it might be a starting place.

Top Bottom