[SOLVED] Game Doesn't Start

flerber

Chieftain
I bought beyond earth almost the day it came out, and I was able to play it perfectly fine, no lag, no crashes, nothing. After playing it for a little while, I became really busy and wasn't able to play it again for quite a while. Since then, I upgraded my system to the Windows 10 Technical Preview. I know, it's beta. Some other people have said their Windows 10 TP runs the game perfectly fine. Now, when I run the game, the process opens in the task manager, sits there, stuck at ~169Mb, and then crashes. Windows error report sends something, but I get no error. The game just disappears out of the task manager. Also, a side note, CIV V does the same thing, but it crashes after I select to run the game with Windows 8 DirectX12, or with DirectX10/11, or with DirectX9.

System Specs (I pass the requirements. Wouldn't make sense that I didn't because I could play the game on Windows 7):
AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon HD Graphics. The processor was recently overclocked, but no longer is.
8.00 Gb DDR3 RAM
DirectX 12
Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit

DXDiag:
Please note that when I open DXDiag, it warns me that Direct3D encountered a problem the last time the program was run. This would seem to be the source of the problem for the crash, but I'm not sure. Anyway, here is the DXDiag if I choose to bypass Direct3D: http://pastebin.com/EdNq5Duz

EDIT: Fixed! I downloaded all the latest beta drivers from AMD's website and optimized the game using AMD Gaming Evolved, and now the game runs once again.

Top Bottom