Polish Merchant of Venice..

OneEyedFreak

Chieftain
Soo, do you guys think this is a bug or just a very lucky great person gift from a city state? ;)

I received a great merchant as a gift from a city-state, and it wasn't untill I wanted to conduct a trade mission with him, untill I noticed that I could use him to "Buy the city-state"..

I actually tried it after taking these screenshots, and he worked just like a normal merchant of Venice, except that I could actually annex the city as well..
OP if you ask me :king:

Just a funny experience I had to share ;)

WAAAAHHHH....
No, seriously, there are about a million of these threads already. To restate: if you or an AI complete the Patronage tree City-States will randomly gift you Great People. This can include either Khans or Merchants of Venice, both of whom will have the same abilities as normal. This is not a bug, it is intended behavior.

I personally can't wait for the next weekly episode of "OMG, I saw Civ A with Civ B's UU!!! Hacks! Bug!"

Anyway, welcome to the forum. ^^

Oh wow, my apologies..
Maybe I should have searched the forums for threads like this before I posted :(

Sorry for crowding with useless threads, certainly not the intention and I'll be more careful next time :sad:

Apparently this was your first thread on the forum, welcome!

Don't worry about it OneEyedFreak.

I'm wondering if a sticky could be made that covers topics like this though. Maybe a sticky that answers the top 10 questions.

Welcome to the forum.

And for those who are sick of seeing the same old question--just don't read the thread and do something else.

Don't worry about it OneEyedFreak.

I'm wondering if a sticky could be made that covers topics like this though. Maybe a sticky that answers the top 10 questions.

Welcome to the forum.

And for those who are sick of seeing the same old question--just don't read the thread and do something else.

That would be an excellent idea. Mods, can you make it happen, please?

And could it also mention that you can get UU's from CS's? That thread seems to be incredibly common, too.

Yes, welcome to CivFanatics! Apologies if I came off sounding like a jerk; we've just had about a bazillion of this kind of thread cropping up of late and so they can get a little repetitive...

I agree, this is an excellent idea.

Top Bottom