Civilopedia

jfk696

Chieftain
Hi, I want to first say that this mod is awesome. And the AI is actually challenging, but Ive only made it to ancient so far.

One question though.

Do you have a more complete version of the civilopedia?

Thanks!

No. Where are you finding it incomplete? I know I still have to do some work to give DH a better reporting tool for what promotions a unit can ever obtain and that's totally off base at the moment. Anything else?

a lot of it is great, but i guess a few things i would point out would be
1: some of the equipment. Theyre listed but the pages are all blank. I remember seeing all the unit abilities hunter type units start with and those explanations are blank as well. I guess Im not clear how they work.

2. Certain game concepts. I cant find clear and detailed information on how crime works. I dont think disease is even mentioned. Theyre obviously complicated and would take time to describe.

3. Some of the content is outdated from previous versions or mods. But its usually like historical explanations which are not as necessary, although, I like reading that stuff. I know its not necessary, but its kinda cool. Probably time consuming and low priority though.

Those are just a few things from briefly scanning through again.

Is it a complicated process to do update the civilopedia? It seems like its more of a problem with it being a huge volume to me.

Just curious. Anyways, the mod is great.

Is it a complicated process to do update the civilopedia? It seems like its more of a problem with it being a huge volume to me.

If you post texts which should be included in civiliopedia then Ill do the rest and update the mod with them.

I got in plans to change look of the Civiliopedia but only its graphical form.

Hi Sparth,

By texts, do you just mean the little narratives? Or do you also mean areas to do with the actual function of whatever were talking about.

Most of what you mention is done in the XML files that are used by the pedia and other parts of the game.

The concept text, for example, is written in the Concepts_CIV4GameText.XML file in the Assets/XML/Text folder. The index of concept entries is set up in the Assets/XML/Basicinfos folder and is a bit more complex.

1: some of the equipment. Theyre listed but the pages are all blank. I remember seeing all the unit abilities hunter type units start with and those explanations are blank as well. I guess Im not clear how they work.
Two points in this.
1) Equipment is a work in progress and we're ready to display info on those once they are developed and included in the game. At the moment it's yet to be developed but it is certainly coming soon.

2) The second point is the UnitCombats. They probably do need some extensive work to display the full modifiers under the Combat Classes pedia screen. At the moment you can see what they are providing a unit that has them by looking at the unit and scrolling down. There, it breaks down the modifiers and abilities the unit is receiving from each of its unit combat classes.

2. Certain game concepts. I cant find clear and detailed information on how crime works. I dont think disease is even mentioned. Theyre obviously complicated and would take time to describe.
This is true that we do need a lot of work to be done in this area.

3. Some of the content is outdated from previous versions or mods. But its usually like historical explanations which are not as necessary, although, I like reading that stuff. I know its not necessary, but its kinda cool. Probably time consuming and low priority though.
We'll need to have this content identified so it can be adjusted.

Not so much that it's complicated... just that it tends to be the kind of thing you don't want to work on until the project settles and becomes more firmly established so you don't have to keep updating it. I know there's some work to do from me to fully explain many of the game options and features that have been included, like the new healing rules for example. But I must admit to some reluctance to address it as a priority.

I understand why it would be a last priority. You have all been helpful. Thanks for addressing all of my questions.

If it is just "lore" you want to add to buildings and techs, then I think it's not lost effort. Most buildings etc will stay in there anyways.

And removing already outdated stuff would be fine, too.

Top Bottom