Okay I give up: Why is the Confederacy still in?

Iceciro

Special Ability: Decimate
Hey there! I've played this mod and enjoyed it for quite some time, and I see that you've done a pretty large cleaning out of all of the playable countries (IIRC it was for gamespeed/stability reasons a while back) and moved them to cultures.

The only thing I cannot understand for the life of me is, why is the Confederate States of America still in - how did they survive the purge, when countries like say, Scotland and Canada didn't?

They're an unrecognized state, and while they had an effect on American history, it's hard to see why they're considered more deserving of the spot than other countries.

Additionally, they have /five/ leaders -for a failed civil war that lasted only four years. Most of them aren't leaders, they're generals for the war. This is two more leaders than the /actual/ United States of America has and one more than ROME - more than one leader in the game for every year the rebellion existed. It seems more than a little bonkers to me. :crazyeye:

So I'm curious as to what the rationale is for having a failed state that never succeeded in its civil war nor achieved international recognition as a 'great nation of history' alongside these others. Even its name is telling; it's one of the few selectable countries not named 'Empire' (besides the USA itself, who probably deserves the title, and Denmark).

Hey there! I've played this mod and enjoyed it for quite some time, and I see that you've done a pretty large cleaning out of all of the playable countries (IIRC it was for gamespeed/stability reasons a while back) and moved them to cultures.

For all your needs is this modmod
C2C Civilizations Megapack! v4.1
147 fully brand new, compatible civilizations for C2C
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538110

I'm not looking for more civs, just questioning why you decided to leave the Confederacy in the main mod.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I'm not looking for more civs, just questioning why you decided to leave the Confederacy in the main mod.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Because one of the main modders wanted it in C2C.

Maybe he is creating or playing a Civil War scenario. :)

It's StrategyOnly's Mod and as Author of the Mod he has final say so. If it's a problem PM him.

JosEPh

It's StrategyOnly's Mod and as Author of the Mod he has final say so. If it's a problem PM him.

JosEPh

No, no problem - it is, after all, his mod - so if that's the reason, that's my answer.

You will notice he also has an affinity for Native American. ;)

I personally would love to see Israel back in. He does respond usually if you PM him.

JosEPh :)

There is more weird American nationalist stuff in the mod. Somali Pirates unit: -100% combat ability versus Navy Seals (but not regular marines) !?

I think if we will add 3-5 new civs to v37 then everyone will be happy. And mod still be playable :)

There is more weird American nationalist stuff in the mod. Somali Pirates unit: -100% combat ability versus Navy Seals (but not regular marines) !?

Hydro's idea. Not mine. But I think it stems from the history of our interactions with Somali Pirates as opposed to any sort of American Nationalism as an agenda.

JosEPh

You will notice he also has an affinity for Native American. ;)

I personally would love to see Israel back in. He does respond usually if you PM him.

JosEPh :)

You are absolutely correct, i personally like to play Union vs Conf, and of course lots and lots of natives. . . I would put in Union like i did way back when, but i just use America instead, almost the same, just different leaders. Besides thats why i have the Conf in the modules area, so anyone can change the MLF and just change the loading from 1 to 0. Real easy . .

I think if we will add 3-5 new civs to v37 then everyone will be happy. And mod still be playable :)

I also think it would benefit this mod for more, so SPARTH, why dont you start a thread or ask the Admins to do a poll for ya, i think you have to ask, i am not sure??

That way we get more responses of what people like ..

You are absolutely correct, i personally like to play Union vs Conf, and of course lots and lots of natives. . . I would put in Union like i did way back when, but i just use America instead, almost the same, just different leaders. Besides thats why i have the Conf in the modules area, so anyone can change the MLF and just change the loading from 1 to 0. Real easy . .

I can add Union to Megapack, if you want SO. What do you think?

I can add Union to Megapack, if you want SO. What do you think?

Nah, its ok, i have rarely been doing this anyways, because i try to find bugs as much as i can, and i lately have to play only default to get that to happen, and i dont play more than 7 Civ in a game anyways . . but IF you want sure . . .

Hydro's idea. Not mine. But I think it stems from the history of our interactions with Somali Pirates as opposed to any sort of American Nationalism as an agenda.

But that's the impression it gives. It would be like giving English units a massive bonus to pillaging improvements based on our history with pinching valuables from across the world. It's both unbalanced and unfair.

But that's the impression it gives. It would be like giving English units a massive bonus to pillaging improvements based on our history with pinching valuables from across the world. It's both unbalanced and unfair.

lol... Noted. If you take a look at the Naval Review information, changes that would satisfy this situation are planned. Full implementation of the Naval review might still take a bit to implement though. But we're getting closer.

Top Bottom