World Congress Questions

steveg700

Deity
1) Does the player always get to make a proposal (simply because he's the player, irrespective of actual delegates)?

2) Is there any way to abstain from making a proposal?

1. No; the host and leader with the second highest number of delegates propose the resolutions. (Or the leader with the highest number of delegates if they are not already the host for some reason)

2. It doesn't seem like you can abstain from proposing if you are the host or have enough delegates to propose a resolution.

1. No; the host and leader with the second highest number of delegates propose the resolutions. (Or the leader with the highest number of delegates if they are not already the host for some reason)

2. It doesn't seem like you can abstain from proposing if you are the host or have enough delegates to propose a resolution.

In my last game, 2nd place was always tied between a number of civs. As far as I can remember when this happened, I was always able to propose the resolution. So this is probably a player advantage.

I did not find a way to abstain. After I proposed my religion as the world religion, everyone hated me accept Korea. So, I wanted to not propsose anything. But I had too in order to move forward.

OK, I don't think I've yet to have a WC session where I wasn't being required to propose something. I wondered if I was getting preferrential treatment.

And it looks I can't actually pass. The next best thing is to propose something that has no chance of passing and hopefully won't anger anyone.

you can often see if a resolution will make other civs happy or angry while hovering over the proposals with the cursor

OK, I don't think I've yet to have a WC session where I wasn't being required to propose something. I wondered if I was getting preferrential treatment.

And it looks I can't actually pass. The next best thing is to propose something that has no chance of passing and hopefully won't anger anyone.

Best way to avoid upseting anybody is by avoiding proposing anythign with "This will upset these civs".

You can also abstain from voting by not assigning any delegates.

The 'safe' way is to put a block on a resource that no one else would complain about, and then vote against it. Pretty well everything else will upset someone, even the world fair or games..

If I don't want to propose anything, I just pick something that will give as neutral of a response as possible.

What are the consequences of proposing something that will anger X number of civs? What kind of anger are we talking about?

Yes the AI do take their WC proposing/voting very much into consideration when dealing with you. Rather than proposing something that angers people or doesnt have any effect, use this opportunity to score free brownie points with the other civs. For example, proposing any of the world projects (games, world fair, space station) will make everyone ecstatic. Proposing the one that makes all landmarks give up more culture usually makes everyone happy. Proposing the +33% to GWAM and -33% to science/engineers almost always makes everyone happy. Proposing the one which increases wonder culture output will usually make some people very mad and some very happy so that depends. Really though there are enough "positive proposals" available that you should be able to do something the majority of other civs approve of without much issue

The 2 people who can make proposals are (AFAIK) the Host and the player with the most delegates that isnt the host, if there is a tie for this then the player with the highest score will be the person to make the proposal although i could be completely wrong (this is what seems to happen in all of my games)

I ended up in a tie in my current game. I discovered all the civs, except for Denmark. Suddenly he shows up and meets me. I think "ah ha!" I'm gonna be the host.

Wrong--Greece became the host. I guess Denmark met us both at the same time and that Greece won the tiebreaker?

I was able to make proposals, however, but I definitely don't want Greece to be host.

If you don't want someone specifically to be the host it's pretty easy.

Let's say you don't have enough vote to win, then all you need to do is vote for someone that you like, and they will like you even more for that.

The AI is pretty ******ed on that ground and it will always vote for itself, that basically leaves you with the power to choose who will be the host in almost every case.

If you don't want someone specifically to be the host it's pretty easy.

Let's say you don't have enough vote to win, then all you need to do is vote for someone that you like, and they will like you even more for that.

The AI is pretty ******ed on that ground and it will always vote for itself, that basically leaves you with the power to choose who will be the host in almost every case.

Not if you don't have enough votes tos urpass the minimum votes of somebody else.

Sweden had 7 votes, I had 2, Shoshoen had 3.. no matter how much I wanted Shoshone to become the host, Sweden would remain the host.

Has anyone seen the AI obsessed with banning all the luxuries? That's happened to me a few times.

Top Bottom