Mountains modding

LeeS

Imperator
This idea came up in a discussion as a possible set of UA's / UB / UI for a civilization.
Code:
NAVARRA
XML Name:	CIVILIZATION_SC_NAVARRA
XML Leader:	LEADER_?
XML Trait:	TRAIT_SC_?
Colors:		Red + Dark Gold
UA:	Pyrenees Economy: Workers can enter mountain tiles as if they are hills.
	Cities built next to a mountain gain +25% gold income.
UB:	Plaza de Toros: Requires a nearby source of Cattle. Replaces the Circus.
	+4 Happiness and +5% gold if next to a mountain.
UI:	Mina de Contorno: Can only be built on mountains. +2 Production and +2 Gold.
  1. I'm not real concerned with the Cities built next to a mountain gain +25% gold income assuming I can figure out a reasonably efficient method to look at surrounding tiles when a city is founded, and simply add a dummy building in cities built next to mountains. The same is really true for the UB, and same method would apply. (edit: the 25% gold bump can be more easily accomplished with a FreeBuilding as part of the leader trait, but the 5% bump on the circus replacement won't work with a dummy building limited to <Mountain>true</Mountain> since <FreeBuildingThisCity> ignores the terrain requirement of the dummy)
  2. But the more I look into this the more I'm not convinced that the workers mentioned in the UA might not go *poof* when ending a turn on a mountain tile, or that the ability that allows helicopters to hover over mountain tiles will be apply-able to workers. So the UI might be a strike-out from the get-go just from these difficulties alone. Nor am I convinced the more I look at this that the game will let a worker build an actual and bona-fide improvement on a mountain tile.

• I know that SushiSquid (aka I-forget-what) turned mountains into FEATURES in the Workable Mountains mod, and then used buildings to give yields to the mountain tiles.
  • I also know that Bane_ has been doing some mountain-related stuff, but it was never clear to me what his end goal was.

So, any ideas on what could be done as work-arounds or perhaps as surrogates for the UI as concieved ?

[PS:let me know if I was unclear as to what kind of help I am looking for, and I will try to explain in greater detail]

Unfortunately I only removed the XML columns from existance, so to speak. They were all brought to 0, so I could control the possibility of constructing (via CityCanBuild) inserting a new column.
I don't know how Mountains are handled by the DLL, but there is at least one mod I know in Steam that makes them passable; I'll take a look in a second.

Top Bottom