What is your favorite game feel?

Which game vibe/set-up do you like?

• Being isolated on an island until astronomy; mostly peaceful

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • A game where you can exploit your UA, UB, & UU to the fullest

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • Ethnically/nationally authentic game (e.g., no Aztecs vs Siam)

• A truly fantastical game (e.g., A Hindu Sweden is neighbors w/ Buddhist Zulus)

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Being El Destructo; warmongering and the scorn of all.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Landlocked in the center, surrounded by 5 warmongers

• Total voters
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd create a more organic thread over which game vibe you like most! Enjoy!
--

In my opinion, the most fun games are those where you aim to exploit your UA, UB/UU to the fullest AND are ethincally/nationally authentic. What are yours?

i think I like those kinds too, but I chose warmonger because the most fun I've had with BNW was playing Shaka and just rolling across the map with my Impis. It was challenging and exciting... whereas most other games are "fun" but there are lots of clicks from turn to turn without much playing.

I love peaceful isolation, and I also love El Destructo war-mongering. I ultimately chose unique abilities though. Playing as different leaders and going for different victory conditions is what keeps the game fresh for me.

I have a hard time being destructo without provocation. I'm a sucker for the "friends" feel. On the other hand, I love it when the AI makes the decision for me, my most fun games have been when I'm on a continent with loads of warmongers. Gives me a really exciting first half of the game and secures me a nice empire when I whup them all without warmonger branding. I love wars--easiest way to cement a friendship/alliance.

I don't like to be isolated in the higher difficulties. I had isolated Persia once and then Korea who was in the mainland had an early cultural victory around the 1500-1600 approximately. That was like if all the other ais, who were also in the mainland, were helping sejong get his win since he wonder hogged most of the wonders and I couldn't be there since I was isolated.

i like:

Being left alone until astronomy where i find everyone else and then develop my economy because i dont want to get run over early on.
Peaceful til dynamite.

Artillery gets me off going warmongering like the soviet invasion of afghanistan

Top Bottom