Unit Preview: Machine Gun

Troutline

Chieftain
Here is the final render of my Browning WWI-WWII era Machine Gun. All is left now is the animations and that's it!

Please post comments and suggestions before I start animating so I can change it before the tedious work (which is soon, late Thursday).

Thanks.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 729
Go For it, Troutline!

Cool unit but I must ask if the guy is always going to look like a tree trunk. While I'm waiting for you to post the unit I gotta figure out which tech its going to come from.

Originally posted by MarineCorps
Cool unit but I must ask if the guy is always going to look like a tree trunk. While I'm waiting for you to post the unit I gotta figure out which tech its going to come from.

i would probably put it with Amphibious Warfare, like in TETurkhans Mod

Thats actually not a bad idea. Since in my mod I increased the Marines power as usual and moved it to computers leaving nothing for Amphibious Warfare. Now I have something.

Can you give us a rough guess on how long we will have to wait before it's ready for us to download?

Ok, here is the situation.

I've finalized the model (I put a gas mask pocket on the front of him to give him more shape) and have all the animations planned out.

I'm having problems getting all the frames the exact same size using Rhino and PSP (with animation shop). I've tried Neomegas Rhino unit creation tutorial, but the unit frames keep twitching every which way due to different sizes etc.

I've been swamped with school work as of late, but I am going to have lots of free time tomorrow and *hopefully* someone could help me out and I could finish it and post it.

Has anyone figured out the secret of animation?

I was wondering about troutline2. I saw him join then I also saw troutline changing his password at the same time, so I thought it was a very odd conidence.

Looks good. The trick would be to get the guy to sit behind the machine gun. Also, could someone make a Rifleman version of that guy. It would make a great WW1/WW2 British Infantry unit. Another unit you could make for WW1 would the the 'Light Machine Gunner'. Instead of being armed with a rifle, he could have a Lewis Gun with the animation of a Marine.

Top Bottom