Europa Universalis IV

Pausing Westernisation doesn't sound like a minor issue if you're complaining that you won't be getting it for free.
It's a minor fix is what I meant.
Catalan Ideas. Buffed Aragonese Ideas. My inner nationalist fanboy is squeeing in glee.
"Inner."
How's it a feature that you can't annex, but instead have to select all provinces? Being able to just click "annex" when that's what you want and the province cost is sufficiently low is a nice convenience feature.

Otherwise, no strong opinions on the changes. The building changes sound like the most significant to me.

Cause this way you can steal some extra cash or prestige when you're destroying their sovereignty.

So what's the deal with Burgundy not owning most of the netherlands/belgium?

I hate this

The main thing I'm concerned about is locking the movement between provinces at 50%. It seems like it's as bad an idea as the changes to mil access.

So what's the deal with Burgundy not owning most of the netherlands/belgium?

I hate this

They have PUs over their former territories, so I guess they'll have more troops but basically no diplo points and terrible centralization.

I haven't followed this very closely, but I dislike most of the changes (like apparantly there's new province improvements, but there already were buildings so what's the deal with that?)

If nothing else, I would want a full Burgundy for that event where it's split.

The big difference concerning province improvements is that provinces have building slots. You cannot build all of the buildings in every province any more. They also don't cost monarch power but are mighty expensive. And forts have a Zone of Control. So exciting!

Don't buy it or install the patch then...

I am guessing that there will be a follow up patch in a couple of weeks because of all the ragers and somewhat inevitable bugs.

Don't buy it or install the patch then...

True. If you don't like it, go to the Betas tab, and switch to the beta of whichever version you like best. Paradox has done a good job of making sure you can stay on previous version if you prefer, whether it's because you aren't a fan of a recent change, or just want to finish a game on the version it started on. I use it for the latter purpose regularly, and probably will with my current games-in-progress as well. You can go back as far as 1.4, which IIRC is when Conquest of Paradise was released.

Betas tab?

And if you can't go back further than conquest of paradise, I'm scheptical this will be valid for long

I'm a little puzzled about your attitude. The ability to rollback to previous versions was most likely added with that expansion which is why you can't go further back. There doesn't seem to be an obvious reason why they would remove it.

Also in your previous posts you just say bad, bad, awful without giving any explaination of why you don't like the changes which isn't really helpful for any kind of discussion. Its a bit like the other poster who complains every couple of months about paying for expansions.

Well I managed to get my Chrysanthemum Throne and Kirihorsehockyan Japan achievements that I was working on before the patch ruined my save, so I'm now fully ready for this patch. Bring on the better province improvement system!

They have PUs over their former territories, so I guess they'll have more troops but basically no diplo points and terrible centralization.

Starting with territory under vassals/PUs is a buff in the short term due to the significantly larger armies available to you, and while in the long term, the it might be a nerf, you should be able to take advantage of that better start to snowball into a stronger long term position.

It's France that's gettting nerfed, not Burgundy....

(caveat: assuming that other mechanics don't significantly change)

Starting with territory under vassals/PUs is a buff in the short term due to the significantly larger armies available to you, and while in the long term, the it might be a nerf, you should be able to take advantage of that better start to snowball into a stronger long term position.

It's France that's gettting nerfed, not Burgundy....

(caveat: assuming that other mechanics don't significantly change)

I don't know about that. I watched the first several episodes of Arumba's first go at this expansion and he wrecked Burgandy pretty good as England. He had to peace out fairly quickly due to an unlucky sequence of events where he got a PU with an Irish minor right away and Austria declared war to dispute it, but if he hadn't gotten attacked by Austria he could have dismantled Burgundy right at the start of the game. I'll need to play it myself to really know for sure but my initial impression is that Burgundy is incredibly fragile now.

I'm a little puzzled about your attitude. The ability to rollback to previous versions was most likely added with that expansion which is why you can't go further back. There doesn't seem to be an obvious reason why they would remove it.

Also in your previous posts you just say bad, bad, awful without giving any explaination of why you don't like the changes which isn't really helpful for any kind of discussion. Its a bit like the other poster who complains every couple of months about paying for expansions.

:undecide:

Well honestly I can ses nothing positive about these changes. They just seem like they will be nuiscanses (except the thing about buildings not costing monarch points (although come to think of it, I would like monarch points just to be removed from the game entierly))
And I had never heard anything about being able to uninstall patches (that are automatically downloaded) untill now

Also sorry for my horrible spelling

You don't uninstall patches, but you can revert to an earlier build, which Paradox are very good about supporting with several earlier builds in the Steam beta section.

Top Bottom