Natural Wonders

Faustmouse

Deity
Since the Natural Wonders discussions are buried somewhere in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=435063
I think it would be usefull if they had their own thread.

I think the yield changes in the poiler below is not relevant anymore since DH wanted yield changes on the building to fix a bug when regeneration maps.
Spoiler :

Here are their proposed yield increases and other boni: [They probably have all boni now, is there a table with their stats?]

GREAT_BARRIER - +:food:, +:commerce:, +:hammers:, -10 Airpollution

EVEREST -

FUJI - +:commerce:, :hammers,: Increased Chance of Earthquake Event, +5 Air Pollution

AURORA - (Note: I don't liek this one as it should be a latitude North and South not just a plot.

BAIKAL -

BARRINGER_CRATER -

BASALT_ORGAN -

DEVILS_TABLE -

SOPKA - +10 Air Pollution

KRAKATOA - +10 Air Pollution

NGORONGORO_CRATER - +:food:, +:hammers:, increased chance of animal spawn

NUKUORO -

PAMUKKALE -

PRAVCICKA_BRANA -

SHARK_BAY - +:food:, +:commerce:, +:hammers: ,Increased Shark Spawning

SINAI - +:commerce:, +:hammers:

SUGARLOAF -

ULURU - +:commerce:, +:hammers:

VICTORIA_FALLS -

-------------------------

Second part would be to make a unique building for every wonder instead just one "Wonder of Nature" building.
At first, I think I will just clone the building multiple times for each natural wonder, but in the long run I want them to be unique. Feel free to post suggestions!

GREAT_BARRIER
requires Oral Tradition, Requires Spear Fishing
+2 Gold
+4 Culture
Food with Spearfishing
Provides Fish and Clam
+2 Hammers with Spearfishing
+2 Food with Boat Fishing
+1 Gold with Beadmaking
+10 Gold with Toursim
+5 Gold with Helicopters
+10 Science with Ecology
-5 Food with Ecology
-2 Hammer with Ecology

EVEREST
requires Oral Tradition
+3 Hammers
+5 Culture
increases City line of Sight
+2 Happyness with Cultural Identity
+5 Food with Mysticism
+5 Hammers with Mining
+2 Gold with Mountaineering
-5 Food with Scientific Method
+10 Gold with Tourism
-5 Hammer with Tourism
2 Free Merchant with Tourism (Optional: can turn 2 Citizen into Merchant at Tourism)

FUJI
requires Oral Tradition
+2 Hammer
+5 Culture
+2 GP (Artist)
Provides Obsidian
+3 Culture with Cultural Identity
Can turn 1 Citizen into an Artist with Cultural Identity
+3 Culture with Aestetics
+10 Gold with Tourism
+2 Happyness if State Religion is present

AURORA
Requieres Oral Tradition
+2 Gold
+2 Hammer
+4 Culture
+ 2 GP (Prophet)
+3 Culture with Mysticism
+2 Culture with Stargazing
+2 Science with Weather Forecasting
+5 Science with Scientific Method
-3 Culture with Scientific Method
+5 Science with Meteorology
-3 Culture with Meteorology
-3 Culture with Physics
+3 Science with Physics

BAIKAL
Requieres Oral Tradition
+2 Hammers
+3 Culture
+3 Health
Provides Fresh Water
+3 Food with Spearfishing
+2 Food with Boatfishing
+5 Science with Education
-5 Food with Ecology
+10 Science with Ecology

BARRINGER_CRATER
Requieres Oral Tradition
+4 Hammer
+3 Culture
+2 Science
+3 Science with a technology relating to space research
+2 Science with a technology related to space exploration
+10 Gold with Tourism
Optional: Free Meteorite Weapon - +10% strength) Promotion for Heros

BASALT_ORGAN
Requieres Oral Tradition, Requires Weaving
+3 Food
+2 Hammers
+2 Gold
+3 Culture
Provides Grass
+5 Science with Education
+5 Science with Geology
+5 Science with Paleontology

DEVILS_TABLE
Requieres Oral Tradition
+2 Hammers
+3 Gold
+3 Culture
+2 Happiness
+25% City Defense
+5 Culture with Mysticism
+10 Gold with Tourism

SOPKA
Requieres Oral Tradition
+1 Food
+3 Hammers
+5 Culture
+1 Science
+3 Science with Oral Tradition (Civic)
100% fast construction of Creation Myth
+3 Gold with Mountaineering
+10 Gold with Tourism

KRAKATOA
Requieres Oral Tradition, Requires Hard Hammer Percussion
+3 Hammers
+4 Culture
+1 Science
Provide Obsidian
Provide Charcoal
+3 Happiness with Folklore (civic)
+5 Science with Mountaineering
-3 Gold with Flight
+10 Science with Geology
+10 Gold with Tourism

NGORONGORO_CRATER
Requieres Oral Tradition
+3 Food
+2 Hammers
+3 Culture
Provides Fresh Water
+2 Hammers with Stone Tools
-> Change Cave Dwelling to requier Caves OR NGORONGORO_CRATER OR ULURU
+2 Food with Orchards
+2 Food with Hunting
-5 Food with Ecology
-3 Hammers with Ecology
+3 Happiness with Ecology
+5 Science with Ecology
+10 Research with Archeology

NUKUORO
Requieres Oral Tradition, Requires Spear Fishing
+3 Food
+3 Gold
+2 Culture
Provide Clam
+3 Food with Boat Fishing
-6 Food with Ecology
+ 10 Gold with Tourism

PAMUKKALE
Requieres Oral Tradition, Soft Hammer Percussion
+2 Food
+4 Gold
+4 Culture
Provides Flint
Provides Fresh Water
+1 Health with Animism
+2 Health with Ancient Medicine
+2 Health with Medicine
+1 Health with Modern Medicine
+2 Gold with Archeology
+5 Culture with Archeology
+ 10 Gold with Tourism

PRAVCICKA_BRANA
Requieres Oral Tradition
+2 Hammers
+2 Gold
+2 Culture
+1 Traderoute
+5 Gold with Motion Pictures
+10 Gold with Mass Media
+10 Culture with mass Media
+10 Gold with Tourism
Can turn 1 Citizen into Artist with Aesthetics

SHARK_BAY
Requieres Oral Tradition, Requires Raft Building
+3 Food
+3 Hammers
+2 Culture
+5 Science from Archeology
+3 Science with Education
+2 Happiness with Ecology
+2 Food with Whaling
+5 Science with Marine Biology
-5 Food with Ecology
+10 Gold from Tourism
+5 Gold with Extreme Sports

SINAI
Requieres Oral Tradition
+2 Hammer
+3 Commerce
+10 Culture
+10 Gold with Tourism
+5 Culture with Cultural Identity
+3 Science with Oral Traditions
+4 Science with Literature.

SUGARLOAF
Requieres Oral Tradition
+2 Food
+2 Hammers
+2 Gold
+2 Culture
+10 Gold with Tourism

ULURU
Requieres Oral Tradition
+2 Food
+3 Hammers
+4 Culture
+2 GP (Great Prophet)
-> -> Change Cave Dwelling to requier Caves OR NGORONGORO_CRATER OR ULURU
100% faster construction of Cave Painting
Provides Fresh water
+2 Culture with Folklore (Civic)
+5 Culture with Cultural Identity
+5 Science with Archeology
+10 Gold with Tourism
+2 Happiness with Oral Tradition (Civic)

VICTORIA_FALLS
Requieres Oral Tradition
+5 Food
+1 Hammers
+2 Gold
+2 Culture
Provides Fresh water
+1 Free Artist
+2 Food with Raft Building
+2 Food with Spear Fishing
+2 Food with Agriculture
+5 Culture with Animism
+5 Research with Archeology
+10 Gold with Tourism

About the second part...

GREAT_BARRIER - There's plenty of marine life in the Great Barrier Reef, plus there's a huge fishing industry. Perhaps random fishing resource?

EVEREST - Either a special Sherpa unit that can be built in the city vicinity, or the boring old suggestion "gives a free Mountaineering promotion to units built in the nearest city

FUJI - According to Wikipedia, Mount Fuji has “inspired artists and poets and been the object of pilgrimage for centuries”. So perhaps a :culture: boost?

AURORA - Considering it's origins, a :science: boost would be best.

BAIKAL - ???

BARRINGER_CRATER - The Barringer Crater is left by an iron meteorite, which contained meteoritic iron, which is probably better than normal iron, so I guess you should be able to discover iron there, which gives you an +1 :hammers: bonus. Alternatively, you should be able to discover Fossil Beds (from all that animals that COULD have died)

BASALT_ORGAN - ???

DEVILS_TABLE -

SOPKA - What is Sopka?

KRAKATOA - A massive cloud of volcanic ash is generated for 10 turns. If it reaches any of your cities, creates a MASSIVE air pollution debuff. If it happens later on, after you discover Flight, you'll be unable to do airlifts.

NGORONGORO_CRATER - In the beginning, until it enters your borders, it'll spawn animals. However, once it enters city vicinity, it will either give you a random animal (wild, i.e ivory/zebra/rabbit/llama and etc) resource or build automatically a forest preserve.

NUKUORO - ???

PAMUKKALE - Perhaps, a salt resource or an improved bath.

PRAVCICKA_BRANA - An :commerce: and :culture: bonus if an Animation Studio/Film Theatre is built.

SUGARLOAF - Which Sugarloaf and where?

ULURU - Perhaps an Indigenous Community could be spawned there? Alternatively, a :culture: bonus?

VICTORIA_FALLS - Maybe an improved Levee or perhaps an alternative to the Three Gorges Dam, i.e provides free power to all cities NOT located on rivers?

GREAT_BARRIER - There's plenty of marine life in the Great Barrier Reef, plus there's a huge fishing industry. Perhaps random fishing resource?

Nice idea! You mean like the Empire State Building (I think that was it) that gives 3 random resources, but only limited to seefood, or like the Fish Market wonder that spawns seefood resources in the city vicinity?

In general my idea was: + :food:, with toursim lots of :gold:.

EVEREST - Either a special Sherpa unit that can be built in the city vicinity, or the boring old suggestion "gives a free Mountaineering promotion to units built in the nearest city

Since the Mountain is holy for the sherpas, I thought of +:culture:, with Mountaineering +:hammers:, with toursim +:gold: and :mad:.
Also, it was believed that there lives a god that provides them with food, so maybe +:food: with a buddism linked tech.

FUJI - According to Wikipedia, Mount Fuji has “inspired artists and poets and been the object of pilgrimage for centuries”. So perhaps a :culture: boost?

Cool! I think this can be split a bit so you get +:culture: with Poetry, Oil Paintings and maybe some other art linked techs.

AURORA - Considering it's origins, a :science: boost would be best.

Maybe later, when you are able to explain it. I think this would be a great example for early +:culture: and with later Physics or even Modern Physics, -:culture: and +:science:

BARRINGER_CRATER - The Barringer Crater is left by an iron meteorite, which contained meteoritic iron, which is probably better than normal iron, so I guess you should be able to discover iron there, which gives you an +1 :hammers: bonus. Alternatively, you should be able to discover Fossil Beds (from all that animals that COULD have died)

So maybe the building will provide +1 Iron and "free Wootz-Steel (or a new Promotion) for every Unit build here".
With Archelogy you could get an autobuild building that provides +1 Fossile (resource), since I think currently it's not possible to give a building "provides +1 Fossile with Archelology.
Also, +:science: at Archelology would be great.

KRAKATOA - A massive cloud of volcanic ash is generated for 10 turns. If it reaches any of your cities, creates a MASSIVE air pollution debuff. If it happens later on, after you discover Flight, you'll be unable to do airlifts.

Neat! Especially the Airlift thing! This would be a cool event, fitting to other vulcanos as well. But I don't like the cloud of ash thing. It already has +10 Air Pollution, also keep in mind that this list is for the buildings that you can build if a wonder is in your vicinity. So it doen't make sense to give the building the cloud event.

NGORONGORO_CRATER - In the beginning, until it enters your borders, it'll spawn animals. However, once it enters city vicinity, it will either give you a random animal (wild, i.e ivory/zebra/rabbit/llama and etc) resource or build automatically a forest preserve.

Like the Montreal Biodome? Good idea, but then it need to be expaned so it not only spwans Lions, Wolfes and Bears...

PAMUKKALE - Perhaps, a salt resource or an improved bath.

So a lot of +:health: sounds good.

PRAVCICKA_BRANA - An :commerce: and :culture: bonus if an Animation Studio/Film Theatre is built.

Not possible. However, it could get +:culture: and + :gold: with Animated Pictures, or Mass Media.

ULURU - Perhaps an Indigenous Community could be spawned there? Alternatively, a :culture: bonus?

Hmm... not sure if this is possible. But culture seems logic. Maybe even a +:culture: with Culture (Aborigenee)? That would fit on most of thouse builds I think and is possible since the Cultures are resources!

VICTORIA_FALLS - Maybe an improved Levee or perhaps an alternative to the Three Gorges Dam, i.e provides free power to all cities NOT located on rivers?

Are they used for providing electricity? Than this would be a an autobuilding at Hydro Electricity.

Very good ideas! Keep on doing so! :goodjob:

As for your questions, I have no idea. DH set up this list.

By putting ??? I mean either:

- I don't recognize the wonder - i.e Devil's Table, and Sopka (the problem here was that it wasn't defined well, will get on it later)
- I have no idea what to do with it; for an example, Baikal. I mean, it's a salt/sweet lake at the same time. Unless somehow seafood generation is linked to salt/sweet lakes, I have no idea.
- Case with Sugarloaf - I searched in Wikipedia and it showed thousands of features named "sugarloaf", at which point you could just make it a terrain feature and live with it.

Also, about the KRAKATOA event, I used a volcanic ash cloud, because it was one of the most massive eruptions in history, so it should get an ash cloud which gives air pollution. Maybe even water, if there's river/sea nearby. Also, I believe that should be expanded to the trade route that the airport gives.

About "PRAVCICKA_BRANA", maybe even give an animation/film? Would that be overpowered?

And yes, some wonders will be like the Empire State Building and Montreal Biodome.

Victoria Falls are used for electricity, and I was thinking for a long, long time that river Nile starts from there, so I was thinking about that this wonder can be spawned only near long rivers (10+ tiles).

And last, I believe that almost all wonders (for a few exceptions, like the Kratoa) should give +50% to :gold: if there's a Vacation Resort, plus more commerce from Commercial Airport.

And last, I believe that almost all wonders (for a few exceptions, like the Kratoa) should give +50% to :gold: if there's a Vacation Resort, plus more commerce from Commercial Airport.

The problem is, you can't give a building a bonus if there is another bonus. So for example, "Vacation Resort gets +50% :gold: if you have the Building Natural Wonder (Great Barrier Reef)" is not possible.

Would COULD be made I think is, give the Vacation Resort +:gold: if Natural Wonder is in city vicinity. You mean that? But than again I think it would be easier to just give the Natural Wonder Buildings a :gold: bonus with Toursim (tech).

The problem is, you can't give a building a bonus if there is another bonus. So for example, "Vacation Resort gets +50% :gold: if you have the Building Natural Wonder (Great Barrier Reef)" is not possible.

Would COULD be made I think is, give the Vacation Resort +:gold: if Natural Wonder is in city vicinity. You mean that? But than again I think it would be easier to just give the Natural Wonder Buildings a :gold: bonus with Toursim (tech).

That works, too I guess. Or maybe even both, but that's just ridiculous.

Well, I think one is enough.
But that brings me to the idea that Natural Wonders could give boni to existing buildings as well. Mountain Wonders could give a benefit to Mountain Climbing Sites or Mountain Trails for example.

One the dark side, a special pollution building can exists if you have a Natural Wonder : people dont like when their natural wonder are in danger...

Another idea can be for plaer to choose one option. Just an example : Shark Bay can be a spiritual place for your civ (Culture and Happy bonus), with maybe a special building if you have Huuman Sacriifice too OR it can trigger a Shark Trainer building (monted shark!) OR it can be used as a place for research (science bonus) OR it can be used as a food reserve (Food and Gold bonus)....
Maybe I want to use Mt Everest for some yeti units :p Or used Victorial Falls as a spiritual place... Not like reality, but still fun

(And here b4 Shark Bay spawing sharks with frikin lasers attached to their heads with laser tech)

Consider the current implementation of major cultural entities, such as Paleolothic Animal Legends. Things should provide culture and spirituality until science catches up to our modern view of them.

For example, Mt. Everest shouldn't necessarily be tied to Buddhism, but it should provide similar resources. Prior to modern time, it was an object of cultural and spiritual existence - as well as dwelling to a small group of people.

So for example, it could provide 3:culture: 1:food:, its own special Wonder building would provide bonuses from state religion, and later it would benefit from tourism - but also suffer a healthiness penalty as the mountaineering results in quite a few deaths. The spirituality could be represented by its own special building providing Great Prophet points.

In general, I think wonders should ALWAYS provide a lot of culture given their significance in spirituality of people who live there, and should ALWAYS benefit from tourism once that kind of income is available. Local resources are awesome though, such as the Great Barrier Reef providing a random resource.

I could scour the Wiki, and provide point-based fact statements about the natural wonders. This should help with the bonuses. (Boni is incorrect by the way, had to look it up)

Good point with the cultural bonus until science can explain it.
And it would be really helpfull if you'd come up with stats.
However, I don't think mt Everest and such should give a penalty because the deaths are a) not many compared to deaths caused by highways or junkfood and b) the people dying are most likely not from the city close to the mountain but tourists.

So you say there should be multiple buildings that require the Wonder in vicinity and have a "can't be build in the same city as [other wonder related buildings]" tag?
I think you can use a wonder for different things: science, tourism, food, production,, culture - all at once. Maybe it changed over time, so the great barrier reef could get +5:food: and -5:food: with Ecology for example.

I have been thinking about this, and given the relatively small number of natural wonders, I would love to see a little image with a blurb regarding the wonder. Just to make it more special. This could be done if each wonder is assigned its own "building", similar to Mt. Sinai.

Now I'm by no means a graphical designer, but I got to playing with GIMP's filters. Here are a few visuals for Mt. Sinai, let me know if anything similar would be desirable for natural wonders.

I personally favour Blur+Cartoon.

http://s851.photobucket.com/user/Dissonance119/slideshow/C2C Natural Wonder experiment

EDIT: Added Levels+Blur+Cartoon. Looks better.

I have been thinking about this, and given the relatively small number of natural wonders, I would love to see a little image with a blurb regarding the wonder. Just to make it more special. This could be done if each wonder is assigned its own "building", similar to Mt. Sinai.

This is the plan, see first post ;)

I was more wondering whether any of the simple graphical manipulations are appealing and would work for in-game popups.

Anyways. Here's the first version, just the natural wonders with notes on their facts.
Spoiler :
GREAT_BARRIER -
- Tourism, extremely vulnerable to pollution
- Vulnerable, endangered, unique species
-- Whale, Dolphin, dugong, fish, sea turtles, shark, birds
- Ancient - fishing, culture, dugong hunting

EVEREST -
- tallest mountain. Increased sight range? Increased city defenses?
- Not much in terms of flora, fauna, history or geological value
- Ancient+early expeditions, tourism

FUJI -
- active stratovolcano
- significant cultural symbol
- Inspired artists, poets, piligrimage
- name (indirectly) means wealthy/important

AURORA -
- Of note, Aurora occurs in both north AND south. Aurora Borealis (north) vs Aurora Australis (south)
- Inspirational
- Divine, military inspiration
- Scientifically fascinating

BAIKAL -
- Most voluminous freshwater lake, 20% of world's unfrozen surface fresh water. Also deepest, clearest and oldest
- Unique fish, medicinal oil
- Modern research and educational programs

BARRINGER_CRATER -
- Nickel-iron meteorite, mostly vaporized
- Scientifically significant
- Tourism
- Training site for early austronauts

BASALT_ORGAN -
- Fossils
- Education and science
- Tourism
- In ancient times, the area grew spear grass
- Wide variety of animals

DEVILS_TABLE -
- Associated legend
- Surrounding are has had many castles
- Tourism

SOPKA -
- Active stratovolcano
- Sacred, "Where the world was created"
- Frequent eruption

- Active volcanic island
- Massive eruptions
- A lot of folklore about it
- Charcoal from burnt trees
- Biologically/scientifically significant
- Pumice mine

NGORONGORO_CRATER -
- Major conservation area
- Various hominid species have lived in the area for 3mil years
- Massive fig trees in the area
- Important water supplies
- Human evolution research significance

NUKUORO -
- black pear oysters
- modern settlement (18th century)
- Suggested +1 population when built

PAMUKKALE -
- Hot springs, travestines (terraces of carbonate minerals left by water)
- Ancient tourism!
- No shoes!
- Ancient artifacts
- Poisonous cave, religious significance

PRAVCICKA_BRANA -
- Tourism, less so in modern times
- Provides a significant pathway
- Cultural significance, beauty

SHARK_BAY -
- Siginificant animal dwelling area
- Seagrass
- Fossils
- Extremely salty water

SINAI -
- Great religious significance
- Biblical Tablet Stones

SUGARLOAF -
- Modern tourism
- Legends (limited info)

ULURU -
- Sacred
- Springs, waterholes, rock caves, ancient paintings (petroglyphs)
- Tourism

VICTORIA_FALLS -
- HUGE waterfall, one of the biggest in existence
- Ancient human settlement, artifacts
- Modern tourism

I have thought we should change the Aurora natural wonder so that it is not placed at game start but when the first non-barbarian unit gets to latitude 80 North or South.

Actually... I didn't know that NGORONGORO_CRATER was important for human evolution.

So I've been thinking - how about it spawns Bands of Homo Sapiens until you can build a Tribe (if it's in your borders)?

Alternatively, perhaps just for BarbarianWorld mod, it could spam Homo Neanderthals until it enters borders?

Also, are all wonders 1-tile only? Case in Baikal, it could be expanded...

I was more wondering whether any of the simple graphical manipulations are appealing and would work for in-game popups.

Anyways. Here's the first version, just the natural wonders with notes on their facts.
Spoiler :
GREAT_BARRIER -
- Tourism, extremely vulnerable to pollution
- Vulnerable, endangered, unique species
-- Whale, Dolphin, dugong, fish, sea turtles, shark, birds
- Ancient - fishing, culture, dugong hunting

EVEREST -
- tallest mountain. Increased sight range? Increased city defenses?
- Not much in terms of flora, fauna, history or geological value
- Ancient+early expeditions, tourism

FUJI -
- active stratovolcano
- significant cultural symbol
- Inspired artists, poets, piligrimage
- name (indirectly) means wealthy/important

AURORA -
- Of note, Aurora occurs in both north AND south. Aurora Borealis (north) vs Aurora Australis (south)
- Inspirational
- Divine, military inspiration
- Scientifically fascinating

BAIKAL -
- Most voluminous freshwater lake, 20% of world's unfrozen surface fresh water. Also deepest, clearest and oldest
- Unique fish, medicinal oil
- Modern research and educational programs

BARRINGER_CRATER -
- Nickel-iron meteorite, mostly vaporized
- Tourism
- Training site for early austronauts

BASALT_ORGAN -
- Fossils
- Education and science
- Tourism
- In ancient times, the area grew spear grass

DEVILS_TABLE -
- Associated legend
- Surrounding are has had many castles
- Tourism

SOPKA -
- Active stratovolcano
- Sacred, "Where the world was created"
- Frequent eruption

- Active volcanic island
- Massive eruptions
- A lot of folklore about it
- Charcoal from burnt trees
- Biologically/scientifically significant
- Pumice mine

NGORONGORO_CRATER -
- Major conservation area
- Various hominid species have lived in the area for 3mil years
- Massive fig trees in the area
- Important water supplies
- Human evolution research significance

NUKUORO -
- black pear oysters
- modern settlement (18th century)
- Suggested +1 population when built

PAMUKKALE -
- Hot springs, travestines (terraces of carbonate minerals left by water)
- Ancient tourism!
- No shoes!
- Ancient artifacts
- Poisonous cave, religious significance

PRAVCICKA_BRANA -
- Tourism, less so in modern times
- Provides a significant pathway
- Cultural significance, beauty

SHARK_BAY -
- Siginificant animal dwelling area
- Seagrass
- Fossils
- Extremely salty water

SINAI -
- Great religious significance
- Biblical Tablet Stones

SUGARLOAF -
- Modern tourism
- Legends (limited info)

ULURU -
- Sacred
- Springs, waterholes, rock caves, ancient paintings (petroglyphs)
- Tourism

VICTORIA_FALLS -
- HUGE waterfall, one of the biggest in existence
- Ancient human settlement, artifacts
- Modern tourism

Oh wow, I totally overlooked this :blush:
That's cool, any ideas so far to add to the list in the first post?

Okay, I've gone through my notes and here are my proposed Natural Wonder building specials!

Spoiler :
I don't remember relevant tech names off the top of my head, so I'll be speaking in generalities

GREAT_BARRIER - +3 food +2 hammers +2 gold +4 culture
Provides Fish (resource), Shellfish (resource) - same as specific ones, this will really speed up empire growth early on
+1 food with Spearfishing
+1 gold with Beadmaking
+2 gold with Tourism
+4 Science with Ecology
+3 Unhappiness with Ecology

EVEREST - +3 Hammers +5 Culture
+2 City Sight Range
+2 Happiness with Cultural Identity
+3 Gold with Tourism
-3 Hammers with Tourism
+2 Great merchant with Tourism

FUJI - +2 Hammers, +5 Culture, +1 Great Artist, +5 Air Pollution
+1 Great Artist with Cultural Identity
+1 Great Artist with Aesthetics
+2 Gold with Tourism
(optional) Provides Obsidian
+2 Happiness if State Religion present

AURORA - +2 Gold +2 Hammers +4 Culture, +1 Great Prophet
+1 Science +1 Culture with Stargazing
+1 Science with weather Prediction (or whatever the equivalent is)
+3 Science with Meteorology (or equivalent tech)
+2 Culture, +2 New Military Unit Experiene if State Religion is present

BAIKAL - +5 Food, +2 Hammers, +3 Culture, +3 Health
Provides Fresh Water
+3 Science with Ecology
+2 Science with Education

BARRINGER_CRATER - +4 Hammers +3 Culture, +2 Science
+3 Science with a technology relating to space research
+2 Science with a technology related to space exploration
+2 Gold with Tourism
(Not a significant source of Iron by any means)
(Optional - Provide any Heroes built in the city with Meteorite Weapon - +10% strength)

BASALT_ORGAN - +3 Food, +2 Hammers, +2 Gold, +3 Culture
Provides Grass with Weaving
Provides Carcass with Hunting
Provides Fossils with appropriate unlocking technology
+3 Research with the technology that unlocks Fossils
+2 Research with Education

DEVILS_TABLE - +2 Hammers, +3 Gold, +3 Culture, +2 Happiness
+2 Gold with Tourism
+20% defensive building construction (walls, castles etc.)
(If not possible, +25% city defense)

SOPKA - +1 Food, +3 Hammers, +5 Culture, +1 Research, +5 Air Pollution
+2 Research with Oral Tradition (civic)
Provides a free Creation Myth

KRAKATOA - +3 Hammers, +4 Culture, +1 Science, +10 Air Pollution
+3 Happiness with Folklore (civic)
+2 Research with Mountaineering
-3 Gold with Airport
+2 Research with geology
Provide Obsidian
Provide Charcoal

NGORONGORO_CRATER - +3 Food, +2 Hammers, +3 Culture
+1 Hammers with Stone Tools
Provides free Cave Dwelling with Cave Dwelling
Provides Fruit with Orchards
-1 Food, -1 Hammers, -1 Culture with Ecology
+3 happiness with Ecology
+5 Research with whatever unlocks Fossils (does not provide fossils)
Provides Fresh Water

NUKUORO - +3 Food, +3 Gold, +2 Culture
Provide Shellfish with Sailing
Spawn Immigrant when built

PAMUKKALE - +2 Food, +4 Gold, +4 Culture
Provides Flint with appropriate tech
Provides Fresh Water
+1 Health with Animism
+2 Health with Ancient Medicine
+2 Health with Medicine
+1 Health with Modern Medicine
+2 Gold, +2 Culture with Archeology

PRAVCICKA_BRANA - +2 Hammers, +2 Gold, +2 Culture
Provides 1 trade route
+1 Gold with Tourism
+1 Great Artist with Aesthetics

SHARK_BAY - +3 Food, +3 Hammers, +2 Culture
Provides Grass with Raft Building
Provides Fossils with appropriate technology
Provides Salt with Salt Processing
+3 Science from fossil technology
+2 science with Education
+2 Happiness with Ecology

SINAI - +6 Culture, +2 gold, +2 Great Prophet
+4 Happiness with State Religion
+2 Great Prophet with Tablets
Provides free Tablet Maker
+4 gold with Tourism

SUGARLOAF - +2 Food, +2 Hammers, +2 Gold, +2 Culture
+2 Gold with Tourism

ULURU - +2 Food, +3 Hammers, +4 Culture
+1 Great Prophet
Provides a Cave Dwelling with Cave Dwelling
provides Cave Painting with Petroglyphs
Provides Fresh water
+2 Culture with Folklore (Civic)
+2 Research with Archeology
+2 Gold with Tourism
+2 Happiness with Oral Tradition

VICTORIA_FALLS - +5 Food, +1 Hammers, +2 Gold, +2 Culture
Provides Fresh water
+1 Great Artist
+1 Food with Raft Building
+1 Food with Spear Fishing
+1 Food with Agriculture
+1 Culture with Animism
+3 Research with Archeology
+2 Gold with Tourism

A few notes:
- My grasp on the specific technologies is weak past the Ancient age; feel free to correct or add
- I would strongly suggest not tying the wonders to their real-world cultures. This being Civilization, it's easy enough to have Christianity be founded by the Australian aboriginal people. Let the wonders be just as flexible.

Looks good!

1) As far as I know you can't add :gp: with techs. I assume you mean that by "+2 Great merchant with Tourism"? It's possible to say "can turn 1 Pop into merchant with Toursim" or maybe even "1 Free Merchant with Tourism (not sure about the later one).

2) "Provides Resource X with Tech Y" is not possible as far as I know.
Both, 1 and 2 could be handled with splitting it up into two buildings, make an autobuilding at Tech Y or by just making Tech Y the requirement.

3) It's also not possible to make one building give a free building. However, it is possible to give one building a +X% Bonus to construct another building.

There are some really good ideas and I will use them when I get around to make the buildings!

Top Bottom