Loading Mods "crash"

Brain314

Chieftain
I can load all my mods and play the game. I can even finish a game as long as it's in one sitting. If i dare save a game with mods, i will be unable to load it later. I cannot even load the game i'm currently in without it "crashing".

I say "crashing" because i don't know how else to explain it. I will go into the mods section of the game, load all my mods and then click on next. I follow IGE's specific instructions not to hit back ever and when i get to the screen that allows me to either start a new game or load one, i will click on load. This is where the problem happens. I will click on the saved game and click load and it will start to "configure game files" and the music will play and it will be pleasant, then the music will skip a bit, then a couple seconds later cut out completely. The game will still say it's "configuring game files" and the little golden globe will still be spinning telling me the game isn't frozen, but nothing happens. When i finally hit ctrl+alt+del and go to task manager, it brings me to my desktop with a notification from windows saying that Civ 5 stopped working and needs to shut down. That's it. If anybody knows anything about this, please help. I have the .mdmp file that was created today, but cannot attach it. If you need more info please ask and possibly give me instructions on how to get the relevant info. Assume i'm stupid and give me step by step instructions. I've been lucky up till now with games and haven't needed to troubleshoot.

I found a possible SOLUTION!!!

Go to you Steam folder, then into SteamApps, then into common, then into sid meier's civilization v, then into Assets, then finally into DLC. Delete everything in there and then verify your game cache through steam. Depending on which expansion and DLC you have it should say some 4000 files were missing, close that and steam will have automatically started downloading the "missing" files. When it's done, it should be fixed. Worked for me at least, good luck

My path to delete the files is as follows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC

Brian's solution didn't work for me. I have a similar issue.

Older saves have the same problem. I can load unmodded saves just fine, and I can start new modded games just fine.

I'm running the Super Power Modpack.

Top Bottom