Sea trade routes over land after "panama-type" city razed

Rossilius

Chieftain
I don't know how else to describe this... It has been replicable on a reload. Basically, I had 2 cargo ship routes that ran through an AI city which sat on a hex between two coastal hexes (think of Panama City, in Panama, or Suez in the real world). The city was owned by one AI player and attacked by another AI player. They decided to raze it. When the city finished being razed, the trade route stayed in place - now running through and over a hills hex with city ruins on it. I actually have seen cargo ships stop on the city ruins square at the end of a turn, which is quite hilarious. When the trade route needs to be renewed, I can no longer run the same route through the land hex (which is appropriate).

I guess the game does not check when routes like this run through cities. Perhaps when a city is razed or destroyed by a nuclear missile, a check should be done to make sure no current trade routes run through that hex, and if they do, the cargo ships should return to their home cities and have the trade route "reset". You can imagine if this really WERE like Suez or Panama on the Civ5 map that a trade route could be severely lengthened if the city were razed, and it would be unfair to allow cargo ships to still run through the hex.

An uncommon problem I'm sure, but could be important.

A screenshot and save are attached.

Attachments

• Ramesses II_0417 AD-1997.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 97
This has been reported. Haven't seen it in any of my games, but others report that the glitch only lasts for the remainder of the route's time limit. When the route renews it must take a different path. Interesting to see if that happens in your game.

Top Bottom