The 5 leaders that appear in all 5 games

DrCron

Prince
Hi everyone,

I've done a video about the 5 leaders that appear in all 5 games, analyzing their evolution in the series and comparing it to their legacy in real history.

People in r/civ seem to have liked it, so I'm leaving it here too in case you are interested:

Link to video.

I'll probably do a full series of videos analyzing the evolution of the CIV series via its different game elements, and comparing it to real history.

Nice trip down memory lane. I bought the original at a Sam's Club when I was a junior in college. Came home, put it on my roommate's computer that we used to type papers and play Bard's Tale. Didn't get out of that chair for almost 24 hours. :D

I'm going to have to be the pedant and point out that Shaka did not appear in the Original Civ 5--waiting until BNW. Thus, he has not appeared in every incarnation of Civ. The only ones who can claim to do so are Liz, Gandhi, and Alex. The Mongols were a DLC civ and not in the base Civ 5, so Genghis doesn't count, either.

What? Expansions definitely count, CiV includes BNW and G&K

I'm going to have to be the pedant and point out that Shaka did not appear in the Original Civ 5--waiting until BNW. Thus, he has not appeared in every incarnation of Civ. The only ones who can claim to do so are Liz, Gandhi, and Alex. The Mongols were a DLC civ and not in the base Civ 5, so Genghis doesn't count, either.

Genghis was in an expansion on Civ 3 too, all of which I already knew when I did the video. But of course when we look back at the CIV series we think of the "complete" editions (in fact, you can see in the video that the covers I added for Civ 3 and 4 are the ones for the complete editions, I didn't do it with 5 only because it's just black and boring). That's why people nowadays say, for example, that Civ V "was launched" without religion, as opposed to "Civ V has no religion".

Thanks everyone for your comments, I'm glad you liked it.

Top Bottom