City State with a World Wonder

Venger

Give it a tumble, sport
Anyone ever see this before? Haven't had this happen yet, a captured city state in which a World Wonder has been produced, in this case The Colossus. I planned on liberating it but I'm sure not going to give up a Wonder, and I am unsure what will actually happen - does the Wonder bonus get computed for the CS? Will it vanish if I liberate it? Not going to give it up but thought it unusual.

Sorry if it's an old event, I tried to search but apparently the geniuses who control the search parameters decided that "wonder" was too common a term to bother searching for... so looking for city state wonder in titles only ended up just looking for city and state in titles - 30 pages, I don't think I will bother with that Easter Egg Hunt...

P.S. Diplomacy in this game still blows, miles behind Civ4, about the same level of Diplomatic complexity as a game of Risk. Or Stratego. Hoping they get it right in the new expansion...

Attachments

• CivCSWonder.jpg
    CivCSWonder.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 339
He could still raze the city to destroy the wonder^^

And no, if you liberate, you will loose the wonder effects. Also it was most likely built by the Mayans in this city as CS cannot build any wonders. The liberated CS will most likely get the wonder bonus, but the CS mechanics differ a lot from the mechanics for other civs, so the bonus effect is very small at best.

I like the diplo in CiV more, in CIV everyone hated you at some point as soon as you started to destroy other civs or didn't accept their ridiculous demands. And forever and ever negative diplo modifiers are just plain dumb imo (razing, DoW, bringing an ally, nuking, etc.)

He can't raze Kathmandu because it's a city state.

A city state doesn't build wonders and, after a patch, doesn't build national wonders like the national college. But as you've discovered, it can have a wonder built in it while under occupation.

Liberate it, a CS with a Wonder is just adorable. :lol:

P.S. If you want to see what happens if you do this or do that, why not just save the game and find out?

Top Bottom