Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I play my scenario, I have two cities that have owned tiles way on the side of cities of a different civilization. Each of these cities have one extra tile completely out of their sphere of influence. It is not possible they should be owning that tile. I am not sure if this is a worldbuilder bug or not. Has this type of thing has happened before? Thanks for any help.

So I figured I would try and fire up my Askia game again. It had crashed to the desktop after about 100 or so turns.
It is possible that I exited out to the main menu and then went back in but I don't remember doing that.
It just crashed while I was reading email.

Now I am getting a runtime error.

Also I noticed there was no paper anywhere on the first continent. Long after discovering writing.

Paper is from CSD, and is made in CSD buildings like the Scrivener's Office. The CTD is odd – did you try to load a game from before you enabled all the mods in your mod folder? Make sure your civ is the latest version as well.

For those dealing with 'I am at war with myself' bugs, that bug was introduced in Whoward's latest dll, and, as such, I'll be waiting on a solution from him to fix it. Until then, only start/load games fresh (don't load after having already started a game).

While I play my scenario, I have two cities that have owned tiles way on the side of cities of a different civilization. Each of these cities have one extra tile completely out of their sphere of influence. It is not possible they should be owning that tile. I am not sure if this is a worldbuilder bug or not. Has this type of thing has happened before? Thanks for any help.

Sounds like a scenario issue – this happens sometimes if the city can't purchase a tile but builds up the right amount of culture to do so.

G

I may just make those cities smaller at the outset of the scenario and see if that helps.

Paper is from CSD, and is made in CSD buildings like the Scrivener's Office. The CTD is odd – did you try to load a game from before you enabled all the mods in your mod folder? Make sure your civ is the latest version as well.
G

I definately deleted the Cache, Mud and the Mod Saves folders before I started up that game. It just crashed out of the blue.

Will try again and see what happens. I have played 2 vanilla games since the CTD and have no problems.

As far as the Paper, I have not played CSD since it first came out (about 4 years?). So I am a bit of a noob when it comes to that. I didn't see any diplomats running around either. Will have to spend a bit more time looking into that.

Thanks for the help.

So I deleted the cache, mud and Mod Save Folders again. Restarted the mods and started a new game. Did not restart the game. As a matter of fact I didn't even save the game officially.

Crashed to Desktop on turn 179 I think...

Was able to build whatever the first political unit was. Was playing on a huge map so I had only met about 5 or 6 of the other Civs. Had about 1/2 the map, mapped out.

Playing as Boudicca, King (5), Highlands, Huge map, Epic speed.

Maybe 4-5 players had hit the Medieval era.

Again I was on Facebook when it crashed so I'm not 100% sure what it was doing.

Edit More Info:
Was able to load the game and play past the spot where it crashed. Played about 10 more turns the quit and saved it again.

So I deleted the cache, mud and Mod Save Folders again. Restarted the mods and started a new game. Did not restart the game. As a matter of fact I didn't even save the game officially.

Crashed to Desktop on turn 179 I think...

Was able to build whatever the first political unit was. Was playing on a huge map so I had only met about 5 or 6 of the other Civs. Had about 1/2 the map, mapped out.

Playing as Boudicca, King (5), Highlands, Huge map, Epic speed.

Maybe 4-5 players had hit the Medieval era.

Again I was on Facebook when it crashed so I'm not 100% sure what it was doing.

Edit More Info:
Was able to load the game and play past the spot where it crashed. Played about 10 more turns the quit and saved it again.

I loaded your save and let it autorun for around 100 turns with no crashes or other problems. You might try making sure that your video drivers and civ version are all up to date. Other than that, I'm not quite sure what the problem is.
G

by the way, in my testing i also hit two crashes in the late game - luckily running in the debugger - which turned out to be classic divide by zero errors. so maybe this issue is already fixed ...

by the way, in my testing i also hit two crashes in the late game - luckily running in the debugger - which turned out to be classic divide by zero errors. so maybe this issue is already fixed ...

running CSD etc? If not, can you tell me what variables hit the zero? Sounds like an issue with mod compatibility.
G

Just got back to CiV after a weeks Holiday and tried version 63.4.1 and 10.2. I found the following error in database.log:

Spoiler :
[3043.064] column Name is not unique
[3043.064] While executing - 'insert into Defines('Name', 'Value') values (?, ?);'
[3043.064] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Defines('Name', 'Value') with values (WARMONGER_THREAT_CAPITAL_CITY_PERCENT, 150, ).
[3043.064] In XMLSerializer while updating table Defines from file Core Files/PNM Mods DB/DIPLO/AIWarmongerAdjustments.xml.
[3043.064] column Name is not unique
[3047.729] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[3047.729] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[3051.473] Database::XMLSerializer (LUA/Active/CultureOverview.xml): 'Row' or 'Delete' expected, got 'Box'.
[3060.646]

It seems the field WARMONGER_THREAT_CAPITAL_CITY_PERCENT it both inserted in \Core Files\PNM Mods DB\CONFIG\AiInXml.sql and \Core Files\PNM Mods DB\DIPLO\AIWarmongerAdjustments.xml

Edit: Not able to decode the error concerning CultureOverview.xml. Could it be incompatibility with "UI - Great Work Manager (v 12)" or are other users seing this as well?

\Skodkim

running CSD etc? If not, can you tell me what variables hit the zero? Sounds like an issue with mod compatibility.
G

unfortunately i found only one spot - i'm almost 100% sure there was a second one ...

Code:
--- a/CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2/CvUnit.cpp
+++ b/CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion2/CvUnit.cpp
@@ -12056,7 +12056,7 @@ int CvUnit::GetEmbarkedUnitDefense() const
 	if(MOD_BALANCE_CORE_MILITARY)
 	{
 		//25% of defense added in. This is largely to help the AI.
-		iRtnValue += (GetBaseCombatStrength(true) / GC.getBALANCE_EMBARK_DEFENSE_DIVISOR());
+		iRtnValue += (GetBaseCombatStrength(true) / max(1,GC.getBALANCE_EMBARK_DEFENSE_DIVISOR() ) );
 	}
 #endif

I'm having 2 problems right now, I can't create trade routes to any city even though I have the range to get to them.
Second problem is when I'm in trade window with other civ under technology tab it lists all techs. (im assuming it should only show techs either side doesn't have?)

First time playing around with this mod list ie civ 4 dilo and city state(been a long time since I tried this one).
smart ai v2
city state dip v24
civ 4 diplo v10
community bal patch v10
dll various mod components v63
ethnic units v31
global city bomb range v1
global city forest bonus v3
global city working distance v7
global seperate great admiral v1
global truley free great people v1
info addict v22
more lux v154
ui trade routes enhancements v6
calypso's colored relgious icons basic and enhanced v4
EUI latest and deleted said files for it to work.

I'm sure all are the latest version.

Other than that enjoying the game. If you need more info let me know.

I'm having 2 problems right now, I can't create trade routes to any city even though I have the range to get to them.
Second problem is when I'm in trade window with other civ under technology tab it lists all techs. (im assuming it should only show techs either side doesn't have?)

First time playing around with this mod list ie civ 4 dilo and city state(been a long time since I tried this one).
smart ai v2
city state dip v24
civ 4 diplo v10
community bal patch v10
dll various mod components v63
ethnic units v31
global city bomb range v1
global city forest bonus v3
global city working distance v7
global seperate great admiral v1
global truley free great people v1
info addict v22
more lux v154
ui trade routes enhancements v6
calypso's colored relgious icons basic and enhanced v4
EUI latest and deleted said files for it to work.

I'm sure all are the latest version.

Other than that enjoying the game. If you need more info let me know.

Play with more or less the same mods (not more luxuries ) and have no problems. Have you tried clearing the cache? Anything in the logs?

\Skodkim

Ok fresh install and deleted the left over folders in steam apps and my game. Ok Tech problem is gone, just need a few more turns to get trade routes up but I have a feeling I'm good. Wow lots of things were reading differently to what they actually do. Haha man those old files were really messing things up.

One minor text bug but it corrects itself, I meet a neighbor German and their +technology in diplomacy was like "xtexttech" (random crap can't remember) but the second I clicked it it corrected itself and looks normal the rest of the game.

Ok... tell me what wrong with this picture... (specifically the lack of certain icons and over abundance of food....?)
Spoiler :

Ok... tell me what wrong with this picture... (specifically the lack of certain icons and over abundance of food....?)
Spoiler :

Seems to be a bug between the latest version of EUI and CPP. I recommend using a previous version of EUI until it's fixed. Please attach your lua log for Gazebo to look at, as I had forgotten to save my logs with the specific error in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom