Tanks

T34

Chieftain
This may sound crazy but is there a unit which promotes to a tank?

well worth it

my advice with the tanks is to follow one of two routes, combat promos for non city fighting and city raider promos for city fighting. Tanks coupled with some infantry, some sam infantry and a couple promoted gunships are a major force.

DEFINITELY worth the cost.

My, usual, invasion force, once I hit tanks.... 2 transports, 7 tanks, 1 " defensive unit." The defensive unit is anything that has a few city defense promotions on it, i.e. Marines, Infantry, Machine guns, etc.

Once you have that in place...Go kick some booty. But...Don't forget to keep reloading. Once I start a war, I go into war production mode. I pick my cities to build transports and have them build about 5 to 6. Have a few cities build tanks (You will lose some), and a couple build your defensive units.

Yep...these guys are right. Tanks are great invasion units. And as a bonus, they can cause collateral damage...but ONLY if you give them a barrage promotion. Make sure you have a couple with the barrage promotion to go in first...

And don't be afraid to hold back a few tanks for defensive purposes...a tank with the barrage/collateral damage promotion is a very, very good stack buster.

And for late wars, nothing softens up the path for an invasion force of tanks quite like bombers. Bomb down city defenses, even some air strikes to cause some initial collateral damage...then the tanks can just cruise through the enemy.

Top Bottom