Civilization V crash on launch

Tenderkaj

Chieftain
Hi, I bought Civ V on Steam a few days ago. When I try to launch my game via launcher, no matter if I select DX9 or DX10/11, a black window flashes and disappears. Here's my DXDiag. I hope I posted in the right section :p

http://pastebin.com/mDBrJnc9#

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Thanks for posting your DxDiag. Your video driver is dated 3/25/2008. You definitely need to update it. Also, I'm not sure whether or not your video device (Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family) can run Civ5. According to this page it cannot. Intel also doesn't show the video device as running Civ5 here. I suggest that you update your driver and try to run the game. It might work, but with poor performance. Good luck!

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Thanks for posting your DxDiag. Your video driver is dated 3/25/2008. You definitely need to update it. Also, I'm not sure whether or not your video device (Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family) can run Civ5. According to this page it cannot. Intel also doesn't show the video device as running Civ5 here. I suggest that you update your driver and try to run the game. It might work, but with poor performance. Good luck!

Thank you! I will try.
If you can, could you kindly post the link for the updated driver? The only I found is the one you see in the DXDiag.
Anyway, thank you very much for your reply!

I'm sorry to say that I also couldn't find a recent updated video driver for your system. Intel apparently considers this to be a discontinued model. Perhaps someone else will have more advice, but I doubt that your system will run Civ5.

Top Bottom