How do I attack a civ, without being hated for the rest of the game?

I'd be fine just with the vassal system. Basically kill an opponent down to 1-2 cities, he gives up and you are done with them for the rest of the game. No more diplomatic issues because they hate you, no more surprising joining in a war, no more time-consuming "I denounce you because blabla" screens.

Right now, I feel much better by wiping my enemies out and taking the diplomatic modifier, instead of keeping them around.

Furthermore, for Civ 6, I wish there were more diplomatic options for a war without a warmonger value. If Civ 5 would be real, the whole world would have been firing all their missiles towards the US in 1945. Something like "if you help me against xy, because he is attacking me, you'll get a card blanche". Or if you get attacked, be able to take cities in a counter attack. Let's take WW2 as an example again. "hey US, hey Russia, what were you thinking? You should have destroyed Hitlers armies but stop at the border ffs. Otherwise we will all hate and declare war on you."

You rather wipe out your enemy than to see the denounce screen, which you can skip in 2 secs. Very time consuming... you say.
It seems to me you want to be hated and known as a warmonger.
People who attempt genocide in real life are generally hated.

And people who wipe out everything but one city are not? :p

Well whatever... I think this discussion is going in circles. There will be no change in Civ 5, because the game is done. The Warmonger mod would be the answer, but I am chasing achievements at the moment so this is not an option.

The part about the military power is pretty interesting. As a human, you'll always play more efficient than the AI, so you will have less military power I guess. On Immortal, it's pretty much impossible in my oppinion to stay on par with the runaway in terms of military power. Even more because you just don't need to as some range units are enough to outplay them.

In my dreams a Civ 6 would give more diplomatical options for war (like helping someone, building helpful coalitions etc pp.) that nullify a warmonger penalty. We should get the Vassal system back (including negative modifiers of course) and the AI needs a better knowledge of how to deal with 1UPT so that they don't need so many production bonusses in order to build an enormous army.

And while peaceful victories should be possible, I still think it's extremely boring to press "next turn" for 50 turns only to keep under the radar and to win a CV/SV. So if you are close to win this, the AI should decide to keep you from doing it so you at least have to defend yourself.

There it is, my perfect Civ. :)

Warmongering takes work, unit movement takes long. I was able to tell because i went honor online and made many units and then í was taking awhile. Other folks were usually ending their turns faster and everything.

Top Bottom