What's your favourite victory type?

Martinus

Emperor
Do you have a victory type that you enjoy winning the most (as opposed to just being the easiest or the one you most often get)?

I won my first Culture victory the other day as Poland. Probably going to try it again as Poly in my current game.

Definitely the new cultural victory. With every other victory conditions, I find that I'm only really focusing on a couple of aspects of the game, while totally ignoring others. With the new cultural victory, some things are definitely more important than others, but you really need to plan and focus hard on everything.

I have always liked Cultural victories. I got quite good at the old style, but like the changed BNW made with tourism and all. I haven't played enough BNW games to master the new mechanics yet.

Domination.

At least it was from Civ2 until Civ5 G&K. I always felt that I did something wrong when the map wasn't painted in my color at the end of the game. I really loved the war aspect of the civilization series!

I don't know whether or not I will be able to maintain my love for this. Honestly, I haven't played enough games with BNW to make up my mind here - but so far, I have got the impression that the domination game was massively hampered in this expansion. Too much to be still fun? I don't know, right now. I hope not...

Domination.

At least it was from Civ2 until Civ5 G&K. I always felt that I did something wrong when the map wasn't painted in my color at the end of the game. I really loved the war aspect of the civilization series!

I don't know whether or not I will be able to maintain my love for this. Honestly, I haven't played enough games with BNW to make up my mind here - but so far, I have got the impression that the domination game was massively hampered in this expansion. Too much to be still fun? I don't know, right now. I hope not...
In my last game as Venice I end up winning it as domination. The difference from before is that you need to get a little bit of everything (enough tourism to not be too far from their level toward you, enough culture to not get overwhelmed, etc). I still had fun winning the game, it just felt a bit more balanced (I eliminated a capital city in the middle ages and the other two near the end). I was being called "warmongerer" until the end, but I did have twice as much army than them, so they weren't wrong!

It made it a lot more strategic during the war too... before attacking a civ, I've moved all my caravans and boats to another civ to avoid the gold loss.

Top Bottom