Can I find out the human rights of other nations?

egaonogenki

Warlord
If I'm thirsty for war, I need a reason that the people will happen to agree with.

Does a nation still have gulags / concentration camps?
Do they persecute a particular group of people?
Do they suppress and persecute religion?
Do they still have the death penalty?

If there were ways to find out the human rights practices of other nations in Civ V (and/or its expansions) and the answer was "Yes" to the first three of them, I would send my forces to liberate the oppressed.

(But if the answer is "no" to the first three for ALL nations, but "yes" to the 4th for one or two, then I will go to war with the one or two.)

So what mechanisms do we have in the game + expansions that allow us to see what kinds of human rights other nations give to their masses?

Moreover, what mechanisms do we have to offer ultimatums? Examples:

A. You have until the next turn to dismantle all gulags and free all prisoners, or else I shall go in and commit the dismantlement for you!

B. Either you stop persecuting the (group of people), or hand them all to my nation, or I shall dissolve your regime to help stop this brutal set of wrongs against them!

And etc.

If I am ready for war, I would hope it would be for these reasons. (Moreover, what other ways are there to go to war with someone without harming my "Reputation" amongst the world and/or the people?)

Unlike Europa Universalis, Civ has no mechanics for casus belli, though you can always make one up. Take a look at your opponents' policies on the Diplomacy Overview for justification. And don't forget about religious wars! Those are always a good time.

The only way this is really simulated in game is through the choices of social policies. Many of the things you asked for you could assume someone that follows Order or Autocracy may have. They will have sub policies like Communism, Fascism etc You can use your imagination from there.

Top Bottom