Morrowind!

I got this game for X-Box about 3 weeks ago, but haven't been able to play it recently because we were on vacation. It was so addictive that I seriously regretted not bringing the X-Box along for the trip.

Anyway, once I got back, I jumped back into it right away. I'm not nearly as far along as some of you, but I'm loving the journey.

My character is a Dark Elf, Assassin - Level 4. I've done a handful of jobs for the Thieves Guild, the Blades, the Fighters Guild, and the Mages Guild. I'm currently travelling with Rabinna the ex-slave en-route to find some flowers and a certain skull.

I'm getting better at the pickpocketing thing, especially since one of my "natural" (courtesy of my birth sign) abilities is the power of invisibility, but I've had to use the Thieves Guild to take care of a bounty on my head already for a totally unrelated reason.

One of the things I wish I could find is a list of what some of these items are and what they do. Any suggestions on that?

And as far as levelling-up by training... do you still get the same bonuses for the parent traits that way? For example, I've seen that if I use a certain skill enough I can get a x2 (or more) bonus in the controlling trait when levelling up. Does this still happen if you increase your skill through just training?

Originally posted by SunTzu
It was supposed to be empty, but there was one gaurd there and i killed him
It took me a while to find it also... but it's there. :) It's most likely in that blacksmith's room, as XIII said.
Originally posted by FortyJ
One of the things I wish I could find is a list of what some of these items are and what they do. Any suggestions on that?
Check out www.gamefaqs.com . They have tons of guides.

I recommend everyone to get this interactive Morrowind map program: http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/map/mw_map.shtml

It's very useful. :)

I may just have to borrow this game from my friend who has it, once he gets back from Toronto that is.

care to save me a couple minutes and give me the system specs for it?

:groucho:

Rather high I think. On my 1GHz Athlon machine, the game jerks when in-between loading areas, but otherwise ok. ;)

Fr last night till now ('cause of the forum downtime), had levelled up fr 31 to 39. :yeah: Strength maxed out at 100 too; endurance at 98. :D

Yeah, they are pretty high, I'm using a Radeon 7500 and it jerks between loading areas also, at least it was until I turned the 'view distance' to low, then I could bump up the graphics a lot, without jerky motion :D. It really helps, and gives more fluid movement.

Code:
	[b]Minimum System:[/b]
  	500MHz Intel/AMD CPU
  	128MB RAM for 95/98 or
  	256MB for Win2k/XP
  	32MB DirectX 8.1 video
  	1GB HD space
  	Windows 9x/ME/2K/XP  

[b]Recommended System:[/b]
  	800MHz Intel/AMD CPU
  	256MB RAM
  	Video: GeForce 2 GTS, 
  	ATI Radeon or faster

Got that bit from a Telefragged review:).

While we are posting walkthroughs, this is a good one, the links are clickable on the side, even if they don't look like it. I copy\pasted much of the walkthroughs into a book (Fighters guild walkthrough), free to take of course ;) and added it into the game. This saves me the trouble of alt-tabbing, which always seems to mess up my PC.

i hate using walkthroughs but damnit, i cannot find that Devil Tanto in the Mage's Guild. There are no more trapped chests to be opened. In the armory in the mage's guild there is a dresser that has a lock level of 100. and there are a few chests with level 75 and 65. I can't get into them yet :(

Originally posted by XIII
Rather high I think. On my 1GHz Athlon machine, the game jerks when in-between loading areas, but otherwise ok. ;)

:lol: nevermind then....

ahem, the game plays great on my 2.8GHz P4 ;)

somehow I think it would run less "great" on a 400.

But thats just me... I may be wrong...

Hmmm i'm thinking on a 400 it wouldn't even start up :p

UpdatE!
Level 7 reached! I can open level 100 locks now on a few tries. I have 12,000 gold!!!!!!!!!!! and i have 4 peices of Glass Armor(thanks TF ;) ) I found and sold a whole other batch of Orc armor and sold them to creeper again. I saw the value of the Glass Curaiss! 28,000! lol Don't think its possible to sell that. I also got a Steel Longbow and 100 steel arrows and 200 more iron ones(was completely out of arrows)
As of now, my marksman level is 48 but i'm damn good with the bow now :D

I just got expelled fr the Mages Guild within a few days of joining. :lol: For trying to sell them Alsmivi Intervention scrolls. To 'make amends', I'm banned fr the Guild for a week or two (the journey to see the Guildmaster in Vivec w/o teleportation was harrowing :D).

Also, tried to give Umbra a warrior's death (some guy trying to die a warrior's death :rolleyes: ). Got killed... twice. :lol: Even with long blade skill of almost 90...

Damn fast, that guy. Second time, I almost got him to below 1/2 life though. Need to stock up on healing potions...

You guys know where to buy lotsa healing potions?

Originally posted by PCHighway
Yeah, they are pretty high, I'm using a Radeon 7500 and it jerks between loading areas also, at least it was until I turned the 'view distance' to low, then I could bump up the graphics a lot, without jerky motion :D. It really helps, and gives more fluid movement.
I have got to try that. :)

Game has kicked me out, twice, when I moved too fast last night...

While we are posting walkthroughs, this is a good one, the links are clickable on the side, even if they don't look like it. I copy\pasted much of the walkthroughs into a book (Fighters guild walkthrough), free to take of course ;) and added it into the game. This saves me the trouble of alt-tabbing, which always seems to mess up my PC.
I don't like using walkthrus; preferring to slog it out and to experiment. :smoke:

Speaking of which, I wasted one Daedric katana, trying to enchant it with soul trap, but got it all wrong. :lol: Pity... Good thing I got a Daedric longsword as well. :)

I've killed Umbra! [dance] After a gruelling melee, I've done it!

Got some rare sword - the Umbra Sword. Not as good as my present Chymaseum or whatever though. :( I'd thought it was a one-handed sword. Had wanted to use a shield as well...

Then I challenged the Knight of the Imperial Dragon (sounds like Knight-Dragon, no :)) again... Got killed. :lol:

Originally posted by XIII
Then I challenged the Knight of the Imperial Dragon (sounds like Knight-Dragon, no :)) again... Got killed. :lol:
hehe... try challenging the God Vivec in Vivecs Palace...

I did (for fun) and won. :D

BTW, the Balmora alchemist near Nerano Manor sells some high quality potions. I pretty much bought all my Exclusive Potions of Restoration and Health there...

any1 know how much morrowind costs? im might consider getting it now
Check out Amazon.com. Their price is $28.88, but you can buy it from the marketplace there for less than $20.

Question time, i now have the Tribunal xpack. Now, do i put the Xpack in with the morrowind files and, will this effect my current regular Morrowind game? I'm pretty sure about putting the Tribunal files into the Morrowind file. :)

You just install the expansion over Morrowind. The expansion just adds a new city to the game and also some interface tweaks such as a useful quests log in the journal.

After you installed the expansion, loading a saved game would take a little time because it needs to parse the file to get quests info. It only needs to parse the save game once (just be sure to save the game).

kewl, well i'm level 8 now. Kickin butt, stuck on another theives guild mission.

Originally posted by NewDestroyer
any1 know how much morrowind costs? im might consider getting it now
Got it for X-Box for $19.95.

Pity the quests log isn't available yet for this game. I've resigned myself to using my palm for that. I actually have to do something outside the game.... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom